Livewires - California Dreamin'
May 27, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #2,491 of 3,902
I'm sure they'll get over it Elluzion, i would lose any sleep over it. It's just a shame they didn't work out for you.

Here you go HA
1974_eating_popcorn.gif

May 27, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #2,492 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What did you say?

Saying you are short of money, and with the problems, cant justify keeping them at this time isnt bad IMO.

Matt

no i mentioned money but that wasn' tmy reason, my reason was the sound.

May 28, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #2,493 of 3,902
Well, because of the bad sound you bought something else, which left you needing your money back from the ones that sounded bad, so it was money.
tongue.gif

On the other hand, I am sorry it didn't work out for you. My LW are my best IEM right now.

But I suppose the fit and the way they interact with a person's anatomy and ear canal shape/size will determine if the sound is good or bad. This goes for any model and brand I suppose, which is why I am afraid to throw away $1,200 for UE 11 Pro that might sound like dog poo to my ears. I say Bravo to EarPeace (and Freq) for offering the satisfaction guarantee that UE doesn't offer.

May 28, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #2,494 of 3,902
No i had my ultrasones and got the livewires but didn't like them so I got my money back. I didn't need the $250... but anyway..

Yeah regardless I am sure the livewires sound great when they work for anyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, because of the bad sound you bought something else, which left you needing your money back from the ones that sounded bad, so it was money.
tongue.gif

On the other hand, I am sorry it didn't work out for you. My LW are my best IEM right now.

But I suppose the fit and the way they interact with a person's anatomy and ear canal shape/size will determine if the sound is good or bad. This goes for any model and brand I suppose, which is why I am afraid to throw away $1,200 for UE 11 Pro that might sound like dog poo to my ears. I say Bravo to EarPeace (and Freq) for offering the satisfaction guarantee that UE doesn't offer.

May 28, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #2,495 of 3,902
How long did it take you guys to get your Livewires? I emailed John Diles before I ordered them and he assured me I would have them by this Thursday. I called them today and they said I wouldn't have them for another week or two. So much for taking them on vacation...

May 28, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #2,498 of 3,902
I sent mines back for re-dipping. I spoke to jonh and he told me to sent them back for re-dipping. and see if that help. if not he told me I can go back to where I got my impresion and get them re-done (free of charge of course) them he said to me.....we are going to work with you until we get it right.
so let's see what happens.

May 29, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #2,499 of 3,902
I think they have a ton on their plate. It's just growing pains. I'm getting great service right now. We have had a bunch of problems with mine but I will have them on Friday. I hope I'm as impressed with them as all you guys are. As far as service goes lets give them a break. I've had problems but they are dealing with them appropriately. Apparently, I've been caught up in the perfect storm. I'm pretty certain that it would take the stars aligning for my situation to occur again. Despite my situation, I'm still open to being the biggest Livewire fanboy in the world. I'll post again when I get them and let you know what I think.

May 29, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #2,500 of 3,902
Quote:

I say Bravo to EarPeace (and Freq) for offering the satisfaction guarantee that UE doesn't offer.

+1

Will

May 29, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #2,501 of 3,902
[fan-boy rant on
smily_headphones1.gif
]

This is NOT in response to anything anyone else has posted - just a few thoughts I had:

The Livewires are still my favorite IEM, and even if delivery times are closer to the 4-5 weeks or more they are well worth the wait. My Livewires are the closest thing, that I have heard so far, to a closed and isolating in-ear Grado RS-1 with APS V3 cable. I know that John Diles wants to expand production and shorten delivery times, and he is taking steps to make that happen.

No universal IEM on the market has come close to the LW for me, except maybe the Triple.fi and they had some coloration of the sound that hurt their transparency (and the comfort sucked because I didn't know about Comply T400 tips). I have owned many of the Shures, including E2c, E3c, E4c, SE310 and SE530 and they don't match the transparency and realism of the LW (although the SE530 were close with the right tips). My Denon C700 highs are harsh compared to the LW, and the Q-jays while nice don't match the dynamics or transparency, nor do my Super.fi 5 Pro with either stock cable or Westone ES cable. The Westone 3 don't count because they don't exist in the real world yet - they are the one universal that I liked as much as the Livewires when I demo'd them last September. (I know, I haven't tried the Sleek or Klipsch yet).

As for customs, my SE530's in a custom shell are tuned to sound almost the same as the LW, and it would be cheaper to sell the SE530 and buy LW than convert the SE530 into customs. And the Freq Show were unbearable to listen to without EQ to pull back 4-5db in the lower mids (I know this will get pounced on in here but a couple of others have reported the same thing with their SuperFreq, so it isn't an isolated experience - and worse, nobody has a clue why that happens to some). Then there are the Westone ES customs that aren't taylored for audiophiles (nor are the Sensaphonics which have more complaints than praise) so I didn't look there. That leaves the Ultimate Ears - and their audiophile model's prices at 3-5x the cost of LW means they are not competing for the same market as Livewires and Freqs. Until I hear a UE10Pro or UE11Pro, I can't say they are better than the LW vs just equals - but if it takes a $900-1200 UE IEM to beat the Livewires consistently, then that doesn't say anything bad about the Livewires either.

I was planning to get UE11Pro someday, but I can't stand the idea of losing $1200 on UE Customs if they don't sound right in my ears. I'd be better off using my money to buy a nice amp for my HE60 electrostatics, or paying off that last bit on my Visa card; and just enjoying my Livewires which I have been unable to find anything to beat them since I got them 9 months ago.

[/fan-boy rant off]

May 29, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #2,502 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by freedommedia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as service goes lets give them a break. I've had problems but they are dealing with them appropriately.

Yeah I hear ya. Normally I wouldn't care too much about the delay, but I was looking forward to finally being able to relax on an airplane.

Oh well, I guess I'll be just that more excited when I get them.

May 29, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #2,503 of 3,902
Quote:

[fan-boy rant on
smily_headphones1.gif
]

I was planning to get UE11Pro someday, but I can't stand the idea of losing $1200 on UE Customs if they don't sound right in my ears. I'd be better off using my money to buy a nice amp for my HE60 electrostatics, or paying off that last bit on my Visa card; and just enjoying my Livewires which I have been unable to find anything to beat them since I got them 9 months ago.

[/fan-boy rant off]

That makes me really excited to hear mine.

May 29, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #2,504 of 3,902
well after going through all the posts in this thread it looks like sometime by the end of the year I will get myself some livewires.

The biggest reason is the replaceable cables that rotate. I don't like the style of connector that the Freqs use. I have also had very bad luck with other IEM and the cables they use and how they reactor to my skin oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back