Livewires - California Dreamin'
May 22, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #2,461 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by freedommedia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed John Diles today and the California team is so nice. They called soon after the email and have taken over my order. I won't be dealing with the Nashville branch now. They were super apologetic and were really eager to get everything on par for me. I'm back in the game.

I think you had every right to let them know what was going on in there Nashville office.

I'm glad you got it taken care of.

May 22, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #2,462 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wanna see them in use too.

Any vids anywhere?

I have videos, but I feel it's easier just to put some screencaps up. I tried to get the perfect shots of them but alas it's hard to see still in some of them. If you watch them in video, they are pretty flashy and shine quite a bit when they turn their heads.
wink.gif

Note: I'm not an avid American Idol watcher, I only have these episodes to look at the LiveWires. Haha!

May 22, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #2,465 of 3,902
Knowles drivers are what most all the IEM companies use:

Subminiature Speakers :: Knowles

SubminiatureSpeakers.jpg

Knowles corporate headquarters is in Itasca, Illinois. Knowles has manufactured in Asia since 1965, with facilities in China and Malaysia.

May 22, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #2,466 of 3,902
Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to clean the livewires when the wax has gone in further than the supplied tool can reach? I have a significant blockage and I can't really hear out of one iem, because the sound is completely blocked down one of the pasages. For a while I had thought the sound was slowly going on one of them, but it wasn't until the other passage got a bit of wax on the entry bit (which meant I couldn't hear anything) that I checked the end of the passage and noticed a blockage lol. I have considered getting a paper clip and using the end of that, but I'm guessing it will just push it in further. Any ideas?

Don't really want to have to send in to get them cleaned at the livewire centre as the cost of sending and the cost of cleaning, and most of all the time I will be without them.

May 22, 2008 at 9:24 AM Post #2,467 of 3,902
The melting point of ear wax is extremely low.

I have never done this but I would simply combine that knowledge with gravity.

Use a dry heat to slightly warm the livewires (disconnected from the cables), one at a time.

Probably try a rice filled massage heat pack (the kind you warm up in a microwave). Point the live wires downwards and apply the warmed (not hot) heat pack to see if it warms the livewires sufficiently to allow the earwax to melt and drain back out. If at first it doesn't work, gradually try with a slightly warmer heat pack until you reach the right point to melt the earwax but not heat affect any other aspect of the IEM.

That's my idea. Like I said, I've never had to try it out in practice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to clean the livewires when the wax has gone in further than the supplied tool can reach? I have a significant blockage and I can't really hear out of one iem, because the sound is completely blocked down one of the pasages. For a while I had thought the sound was slowly going on one of them, but it wasn't until the other passage got a bit of wax on the entry bit (which meant I couldn't hear anything) that I checked the end of the passage and noticed a blockage lol. I have considered getting a paper clip and using the end of that, but I'm guessing it will just push it in further. Any ideas?

Don't really want to have to send in to get them cleaned at the livewire centre as the cost of sending and the cost of cleaning, and most of all the time I will be without them.

May 22, 2008 at 10:09 AM Post #2,469 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i thought peroxide dissolves ear wax

Maybe. But the simplest stable peroxide is hydrogen peroxide and I'd be hesitant to be able to control how far such liquid went up into the livewires canals, let alone ensuring it and the cleared wax all drained out.

May 22, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #2,470 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi JoeB, we all thought you had been "abducted", welcome back!
biggrin.gif

I would use the thread end of a sewing needle "very carefully!" using a circular motion.

Put your Livewires somewhere cold but dry before you start, so the wax is hard and crumbly when you do this.

When cleaning them keep the canal pointing to the ground, so any "debris" falls out, and not in.

Be very careful you don't push the driver out!
cool.gif

May 22, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #2,471 of 3,902
You could also have the suction end of a vacuum cleaner pointed towards the canal to help suck any loose debris out, although I've never tried this. Just an idea.
wink.gif

May 22, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #2,472 of 3,902
HAHA Kosmic I was around just hadn't need to post as the livewires were doing a great job. Tried cleaning them a little like you said and managed to get a bit of wax out right in the end, but I'm now not sure if the thing I'm seeing is the part that is responsible for sound. I mean I can see the metal driver bit, but close to that there is like a bubble/blob which I initially thought was wax, now I'm not sure. Because I have the red/blue its hard to see. Hope I didn't push too far and damage the driver bit lol

Still don't seem to be getting sound out on one side, so might have to send them in for repairs before warranty runs out. I will have to experiment with other sources, I can't see it, but maybe my mp3 player has caused something.

May 22, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #2,474 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow theirs fit so nicely!

Yes, those look perfect
wink.gif

And by the way, FeedMeTrance, don't feel bad - I am sending my SuperFreQs for re-fit a second time - still a little bit too small and not getting enough seal
wink.gif

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back