Livewires - California Dreamin'
Nov 8, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #166 of 3,902
Livewires just arrived, and after much finagling with getting them all the way in my ear, let me say my jaw hit the floor. They have everything I missed about my triple.fi's with just a little more soundstage and fun factor. I am truly impressed.

Nov 8, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #167 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by deathklok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Livewires just arrived, and after much finagling with getting them all the way in my ear, let me say my jaw hit the floor. They have everything I missed about my triple.fi's with just a little more soundstage and fun factor. I am truly impressed.

Are the highs all there?

Nov 8, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #168 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by deathklok /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Congrats!!! Welcome to the club.
cool.gif

Takes a little while and you'll be putting them in your ear without thinking. They will blossom the more you use them.

Nov 8, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #169 of 3,902
I'm just a few moments away from ordering a pair of LW, but I have a few questions:

How are the rotating connectors? Any risk that they will become loose over time?
Any risk of ripping the silicone when removing them?

Do they require cleaning and are the easy to clean?
I guess there is no replaceable filter that protects the electronics inside...

Happy for your input!

Nov 9, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #170 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by nalth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just a few moments away from ordering a pair of LW, but I have a few questions:

How are the rotating connectors? Any risk that they will become loose over time?
Any risk of ripping the silicone when removing them?

Do they require cleaning and are the easy to clean?
I guess there is no replaceable filter that protects the electronics inside...

Happy for your input!

The rotating connectors work great. Practically, they are a brilliant idea. The swivel can loosen a little over time, but the design means it's always gripping. Even if it the swivel does loosen, it always makes good contact, and there's no loss in SQ. In fact I think its possible to open the prongs on the connector to tighten it if you need to, but it's not necessary. Replacement cables are available in case of mishaps, but it's a really sturdy, well thought out design.

Cleaning is easy, you're provided with a couple of cleaning tools.

Livewires come highly recommended

Nov 9, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #171 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The rotating connectors work great. Practically, they are a brilliant idea. The swivel can losen a little over time, but the design means it's always gripping. Even if it the swivel does losen, it always makes good contact, and there's no loss in SQ. In fact I think its possible to open the prongs on the connector to tighten it if you need to, but it's not necessary. Replacement cables are available in case of mishaps, but it's a really sturdy, well thought out design.

Cleaning is easy, you're provided with a couple of cleaning tools.

Livewires come highly recommended

Sounds great!

Can you elaborate on the cleaning tools?
How about the overall build quality? Any risk (or feel) of them breaking when removing for example?

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:58 AM Post #172 of 3,902
my ear impressions arrived to Earpeace yesterday and i paid today. wooohoooo....cant wait til i get mine and see what the hoopla's about. thxs for all your impressions and feedback which went a long way to making the decision easy for me.

Nov 9, 2007 at 11:31 AM Post #173 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by nalth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds great!

Can you elaborate on the cleaning tools?
How about the overall build quality? Any risk (or feel) of them breaking when removing for example?

You get two tools in one, a tiny hooped wire on a plastic handle to scoop out any wax that may have entered (best done when the ear piece is cold), and a tiny brush on the other end.

The build quality is excellent. I was concerned when I first saw the impression for my left ear, as I have a narrow canal, but John Diles allayed my fears, as I was concerned it might be fragile. The finished product is strong and built to last a long time. There is no sense of fragility when putting them in, or taking them out of your ears.

Considering the amazing value of these very special phones. They're custom made, so the fit is perfect and so comfortable you can wear them all day, they ooze quality and individuality, they have amazing SQ, the customer care is second to none, it's no wonder I rave about them.
cool.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 11:37 AM Post #174 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottiebabie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my ear impressions arrived to Earpeace yesterday and i paid today. wooohoooo....cant wait til i get mine and see what the hoopla's about. thxs for all your impressions and feedback which went a long way to making the decision easy for me.

Welcome to the family!

You won't regret your purchase. The money I spent on buying my Livewires has more than been made up already, from the hours of enjoyment I've received from them.

The problem I have now is trying to keep them out of my ears. I have a family and I'm in danger of losing all communication with them.

Nov 9, 2007 at 11:39 AM Post #175 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the highs all there?

Yep, you get high ok.
tongue.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #176 of 3,902
Quote:

The problem I have now is trying to keep them out of my ears. I have a family and I'm in danger of losing all communication with them.
icon10.gif

As well as the time you spend on head-fi.

PS I think around 99% of your posts are about Livewires. You must love them more than your kids
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #177 of 3,902
Quote:

...They're custom made, so the fit is perfect and so comfortable you can wear them all day, they ooze quality and individuality, they have amazing SQ, the customer care is second to none, it's no wonder I rave about them.
cool.gif

Ummmm, please don't use the word ooze when talking about things for the ears.

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #178 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As well as the time you spend on head-fi.

PS I think around 99% of your posts are about Livewires. You must love them more than your kids
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, we won't talk about the sort of relationship you have with your father, seeing as you joined a month after me, and have almost twice as many posts!

Anyway, I would shed my blood for my sons. I have a lot of free time, and they're still at school.

99% of my posts are about Livewires, they are the headphones I own, and this is a headphones forum after all.

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #179 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ummmm, please don't use the word ooze when talking about things for the ears.

Haha!

Yes, sorry, unfortunate use of words.

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #180 of 3,902
Hi, can any UK members tell me what they got charged at good old hm customs and excise for these?

I brought some sure E2C 2 weeks ago to ride while commuting to work by motorcycle with my ipod. I can't get them to fit properly no matter how hard I try they end up popping out within seconds. Anyway looked through the phonebook and phoned up the local hearing aid place to see if they can make custom tips... which they do for £80 but for Etymotic earphones. Anyway that works out good as I have seen alot of bikers recommend the Etymotic ER6i for fitting under helmets great.

Having found this forum to do a little bit more research I now found out due to the exchange rate I can get custom fitted earphones for the same price of custom molds + some er6i's . So I am wondering if i will be better off just getting some molds of my ears made at my appointment on Monday and then sending them off to Livewires.

I'm not an audiophile and the shure's sounded good for the few seconds they where in my ears. Also the sound isolation will be good as all I get on the motorway is windblast so i'll save myself from possible tinutus.

Thanks,
Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back