Livewires - California Dreamin'
Oct 15, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #136 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't own these so I can't say I've taken them off, but I know the connector and I've seen them disconnected easily in pictures, etc. so I would say they SHOULD be able to be pulled off.

Yep, cables are fully replaceable.

Oct 16, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #138 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
filipelli: Any first impressions? A definite improvement on your Westone UM1?

So far...I really do think so. One of the reasons why i gave up my um1s was the impersonal air and lack of bass in the westones, if that makes sense. The Livewires seem more energetic to me and the bass is, while controlled, punchy and crisp. I think that these phones get better every time you put them on...something that my um1s suffered from - I guess they became somewhat tired...

I love looking at these things. You can see what is going on on the inside even with the blue and red shells. My ears must be really small because the drivers take up most of the room!
blink.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 8:18 AM Post #139 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats!!!

Burn in does work. I've had great success with this Combo

Another tip while burning in....turn your EQ up fully, and adjust volume to just above comfortable listening levels. Leave overnight to fry. Keep doing this until there is no more discernable improvement.

I have a trained listening ear so only 20% accounts for psychoacoustics. :

Oct 16, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #140 of 3,902
@ filipelli:
How do the Livewires sound when fed by a Zen unamped? Good, bad, hiss?
I ask because I should receive my Livewires sometimes next week (guesstimate) and i am looking for a player to feed them. The Zen is on my shortlist (Zen, Samsung T10 or P2).
Thanks,

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #142 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But do the connectors come off the faceplates or can you only remove the cable from the connectors?

Make sense??

They come off the faceplates.

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #144 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any pics anywhere that you have seen in the past of them off.

I just want to see what they are like?

Cheers Rav. Been a big help (Not being Sarcastic)

The best thing for you to do....would be to do a search of all the Livewire threads and read them first. You'll find what you're looking for.
wink.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 10:38 AM Post #145 of 3,902
Oh it gets better and better.

Any Livewire owners notice an improvement in sound the longer you have them?

I've discovered that as the sound changes with burn in, you have to adjust EQ accordingly to hit the "sweet spot". I was once a purist and would never dream of introducing EQ between source and playback (I still don't in my home hi-fi system), But Livewires with my Clix2 has been an eye opener.

I prefer a full, smooth, engaging sound with body, deep textured bass, clear highs, vocals with presence. Clarity with musicality.

I encourage Livewire owners to experiment with EQ. Especially the purists amongst you, I think you may be pleasantly surprised.
wink.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 11:21 AM Post #146 of 3,902
So what EQ settings have you found to be of benefit?

I am also a long time 'purist' (as you describe). ATM I'm using a Hornet so EQing isn't in the mix but if you're suggestions can assist then I'll try some headphone-out experiments.
wink.gif

Looking forward to what you can suggest.

Quote:

Oh it gets better and better.
etysmile.gif

Any Livewire owners notice an improvement in sound the longer you have them?

I've discovered that as the sound changes with burn in, you have to adjust EQ accordingly to hit the "sweet spot". I was once a purist and would never dream of introducing EQ between source and playback (I still don't in my home hi-fi system), But Livewires with my Clix2 has been an eye opener.

I prefer a full, smooth, engaging sound with body, deep textured bass, clear highs, vocals with presence. Clarity with musicality.

I encourage Livewire owners to experiment with EQ. Especially the purists amongst you, I think you may be pleasantly surprised.
wink.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #147 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what EQ settings have you found to be of benefit?

I am also a long time 'purist' (as you describe). ATM I'm using a Hornet so EQing isn't in the mix but if you're suggestions can assist then I'll try some headphone-out experiments.
wink.gif

Looking forward to what you can suggest.

My EQ settings won't be of help, unless you have an identical set up, and my ears...also taking age into consideration.

If there are any interested Clix2 owners my custom EQ settings are 50 =10, 200 =7, 1K =6, 3K =7, 14K =9

The fun part is just experimenting with EQ and listening carefully for the changes. My guess is every set up has a sweet spot that EQ can help find. There are many variables, so finding it takes time and patience. To help you, A-B a well recorded familiar track that has good bass, vocals and highs. You have to re-adjust the volume setting for your EQ.

When you find the sweet spot the sound becomes engaging, smooth and musical. The treasure's worth searching for.
wink.gif

I may of course be just totally nuts.

Oct 26, 2007 at 11:31 AM Post #148 of 3,902
I was thinking...

The faceplates are just crying out for a custom paintjob. Very tempting as I'm an artist, and it would be a really simple job to do.
cool.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 11:45 AM Post #149 of 3,902
Quote:

I was thinking...

The faceplates are just crying out for a custom paintjob. Very tempting as I'm an artist, and it would be a really simple job to do.
cool.gif

And so it is that Kosmic generates his own Head-Fi Business Model, proudly displaying the result and being inundated with requests from Livewires owners the world over...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back