Livewires Arrived Today - Pictures
Sep 12, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #61 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any European ordered these?

How did you guys get the mold for the earpiece? Did you send them to Livewire or did you met a local dealer?

I'm in the northern california bay area a lot on business, so I actually went into Earpeace HQ and John took my impressions himself. While I was there, he did mention that Livewires were gaining a following in the UK.

Sep 12, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #62 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiliman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The price point and the quality of these things makes me drool. I am interested in the connectors on the earpiece

they look just like the one i had on my pcmcia WiFi card that had an external antenna hookup; the external antenna had a connector just like that

Sep 12, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #63 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any European ordered these?

How did you guys get the mold for the earpiece? Did you send them to Livewire or did you met a local dealer?

Yes, mine are currently being made (Livewires).

First there is a difference between a mold and an impression. You just need the impressions, a mold is much dearer, and not needed.

You have your impressions made by an audiologist. I had mine done at Hidden Hearing.

I was really fortunate to have them done for free. Pictures are in the link. They shouldn't cost you much, between £10-20 for both ears, or even for free! Make sure when you book an appointment they understand it's just the impressions you want, and not the molds. I've heard of some ridiculous quotes, but I think it was because they misunderstood what was needed. I asked my audiologist if the impressions should be made jaw open or closed. He recommended jaw relaxed/closed.

Its painless, and quick, go get them done!

Sep 12, 2007 at 8:20 AM Post #64 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got more pictures......Can you handle it.....I don't know????
very_evil_smiley.gif

plz post up more pics, i cant afford to buy em, but ill enjoy lookn at em!

Sep 12, 2007 at 10:12 AM Post #65 of 166
Excellent - I have similar equipment and music, and my previous reference earphones were the E4c, now sold off for Livewires which were ordered Saturday. They should get my impressions Wednesday or Thursday.

I too like to switch things up a little and try different phones or amps our sources. You can easily fit a sony D-EJ200 portable cd player with iBasso in a Nintendo DS oversize gamebag from target for under $20. It is relatively flat in shape and attractive looking. It is functinal too - there is a zipper to allow access to the pcdp or iBasso in one half of the case (bottom), and another zipper up top to allow access to the other one - the partition between the iBasso and pcdp is adjustable with velcro.

I'll have to get photos of mine posted tomorrow in the "show us your portable setup" thread here somewhere. Should also have the red/blue/black Livewires before the end of the month!

Sep 12, 2007 at 10:41 AM Post #66 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, mine are currently being made (Livewires).

First there is a difference between a mold and an impression. You just need the impressions, a mold is much dearer, and not needed.

You have your impressions made by an audiologist. I had mine done at Hidden Hearing.

I was really fortunate to have them done for free. Pictures are in the link. They shouldn't cost you much, between £10-20 for both ears, or even for free! Make sure when you book an appointment they understand it's just the impressions you want, and not the molds. I've heard of some ridiculous quotes, but I think it was because they misunderstood what was needed. I asked my audiologist if the impressions should be made jaw open or closed. He recommended jaw relaxed/closed.

Its painless, and quick, go get them done!

When I emailed John, he gave me these instructions. They may be helpful to the other guy:

The only instructions that we have is that your jaw be in a relaxed position (natural state) and that you take the impression to the 2nd bend of the ear canal.

When they mean relaxed (natural state) I presumed he meant slightly open mouth as you have all the time (because I didn't think closing your jaw would be fully relaxed, and obviously opening your mouth wide is no good)
frown.gif
I guess relaxed actually means closed lol? Hope they are good impressions, and not a little loose because of my error.

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:43 AM Post #67 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The only instructions that we have is that your jaw be in a relaxed position (natural state) and that you take the impression to the 2nd bend of the ear canal.

When they mean relaxed (natural state) I presumed he meant slightly open mouth as you have all the time (because I didn't think closing your jaw would be fully relaxed, and obviously opening your mouth wide is no good)
frown.gif
I guess relaxed actually means closed lol? Hope they are good impressions, and not a little loose because of my error.

Do you walk around with your mouth open?
rs1smile.gif

I suppose listening through Livewires could be a jawdropping experience!

By "relaxed" I meant that you're not "gritting" your teeth. Having your impressions made with your mouth slightly open is ok. When you listen to music what is the normal position of your mouth? If your mouth is slightly open, then this is going to be the best position for your impressions to be made for a comfortable fit I reckon.

Try this: Put your fingertip in your ear and open and close your mouth, and move your jaw from side to side. You can feel your ear take a different shape in each position.

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:11 PM Post #68 of 166
By open I mean, my lips are not glued together. My teeth are like 1cm gap lol! Maybe I'm saying mouth open wrong lol. I guess it just means natural state huh :lol:

And yeah thats how I am normally, I never walk around with my mouth completely shut (I never breathed through my nose to well). And also I just tried putting the finger in my ear, I can feel the difference when I really open my mouth, as opposed to my normal position, but compared to the mouth being closed and my normal position (there is no difference really) so I guess that will be fine.

In fact other companies like etymotic, give instructions to have them done with the mouth wide open. So I guess it's maybe personal preference a lot of the time for both yourself and the company and audiologist.

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #69 of 166
Man, this thread is killing me. I am strongly considering Pacemaker->Livewire as my next portable rig... possibly with a HeadAmp PICO thrown in there if it turns out to have a digital input and not just USB. My poor wallet.
frown.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #70 of 166
Quote:

When I emailed John, he gave me these instructions. They may be helpful to the other guy:

frown.gif

I had mine done before i read those instructions, so i borrowed the directions from the UE website which said mouth open with a bite block, so i'll report any fit issues when i get them (hopefully any day now). Personally, i'd rather they be a little tight than a little loose, at least that way they'll keep a good seal.

Sep 12, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #71 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had mine done before i read those instructions, so i borrowed the directions from the UE website which said mouth open with a bite block, so i'll report any fit issues when i get them (hopefully any day now). Personally, i'd rather they be a little tight than a little loose, at least that way they'll keep a good seal.

Too tight = pain. They really do need to fit perfectly to be worth the cost and hassle.

Sep 12, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #73 of 166
Quote:

In fact other companies like etymotic, give instructions to have them done with the mouth wide open. So I guess it's maybe personal preference a lot of the time for both yourself and the company and audiologist.

Possibly these instructions are for singers?

Sep 12, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #75 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's for straightening the ear canal...

So....your ear canal is a different shape when closed/relaxed?

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me...but then I'm not an audiologist.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back