Livewires Arrived Today - Pictures
Sep 11, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #46 of 166
Tomahawk has 900 hours. I have a Portaphile also, that is burning in. Now I'm just getting used to inserting them in correctly.

Sep 11, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #48 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very nice big poppa! great color choice too! i think i'm going for one clear one blue myself...how long did it take you to receive?

A good three weeks. They look better in person. Cool Stuff!

Sep 11, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #49 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does he have the resistors built in? i thought that there is additional adapter that was to be included with new shipments. however, i am really unsure about this.

As far as I know it is in the form of an additional adapter, though I haven't seen it myself yet. It would be nice if they eventually include a regular stock cable and a cable with 50ohms already wired in.

I'll try to take some pictures of it when I get it later this week.

Sep 12, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #50 of 166
Quote:

As far as I know it is in the form of an additional adapter, though I haven't seen it myself yet. It would be nice if they eventually include a regular stock cable and a cable with 50ohms already wired in.

I'll try to take some pictures of it when I get it later this week.

AFAIK: They're working on a cable-integrated resistor as well. I saw a sample cable from Plastics One lying around when I picked up my 50ohm resistor adatper. It's kind of interesting. The resistor is placed where the Y joint is. It might seem a bit odd, but it also makes some sense and has some benefits (such as not forcing the wires apart too much).

It's good to see they're keeping their options open.

I agree with mwallace573. I'd like to see the adapter, as well as cable integrated resistors.

Sep 12, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #51 of 166
These things are cool unamped. I feel weird not hooking these up to something. They sound fine "naked" to my Ipod. I am really quite surprised. They ROCK with the Lisa III though.

Sep 12, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #53 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those are the sexiest things ever *droolz*

What color Livewires are you referring too?

Sep 12, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #54 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What color Livewires are you referring too?

well im a big fan of clear so my first drool is at them, then i saw yours, and had another droolgasm!

livewires are so sexy!

Sep 12, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #55 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well im a big fan of clear so my first drool is at them, then i saw yours, and had another droolgasm!

livewires are so sexy!

I got more pictures......Can you handle it.....I don't know????
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #56 of 166
Can we start a club?

I got mine today. Clear/clear combo. I believe mine has the resistor built into the cable. I haven't had the chance to test it with a high quality source, but I still have a little hissing with my old school DAP and laptop headphone jack. I think I'll try an in-line attenuator just to play around with some options.

I have a 160gb ipod classic on order, so I'll report back on how they sound (ampless) later this week.

Sep 12, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #57 of 166
Got Livewires Club I'm in!!!!

Sep 12, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #60 of 166
OK, I can be number 2.... Just remember everybody else.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back