Little upgrade on IEMs! best around $100?
Sep 6, 2010 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rdgnik

New Head-Fier
Wazzup guys, I'm new to the world of high-end iems, currently i have a clip+ with v-modas vibe and bass freq, now I decided to upgrade my IEMs, and well, I'd like a earphone that could be used for personal listening and for monitoring on stage, since i´m a drummer, but I know its a lil bit hard depending on the price, my budget are $100 max, what i like: Good amount of bass(quality), w/punch, mids, clarity, instrument separation and of course, fun to listen, plus i dont like very very bright sounds, Which i think is a little annoying. I really don´t know if i am a basshead or not, I love how the v-modas delivers the bass on some songs, but I can´t compare them to another "less-bass" good IEM, since i don´t have one in the same price range, only cheap ones.

What i have in my mind now:

Hippo VB
Westone UM1
Ue Super fi 5 Ue
Super Fi 3 Studio
Klipsch s4
Etymotics ER-6i

The question is, should I sacrifice some bass to have a phone for isolation and monitoring? considering that I already have the modas for the bass heavy songs? So, whats the best i can get with $100 or less? thanks! just to let u know, i listen mostly rock,metal,rap,funk and some pop

Please help
smile.gif

Sep 6, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #2 of 3
Hippo VB is great choice for under $100 budget.

Also RE0 is highly recommended.

Check Fisher Audio silver bullet or eterna

Have you heard Radius?  This japanese company has some great earphones for around 70-90 USD
Check this site below, inquiry via email. 

http://www.musicaacoustics.com/Welcome.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back