Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide
Feb 25, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #9,211 of 13,438
So I just purchased some new tubes and have seen a few things on ebay called tube dampers. I've seen all sorts, some that look like rubber o-rings, and some that look like cylinders on a ring. Do these really help? 
Thanks!

Feb 25, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #9,212 of 13,438
  So I just purchased some new tubes and have seen a few things on ebay called tube dampers. I've seen all sorts, some that look like rubber o-rings, and some that look like cylinders on a ring. Do these really help? 
Thanks!

I have regular rubber orings that happen to fit on a pair of microphonic RCA 6SN7GT greyglass i have and what i say to you is dont spend your money on overpriced orings because they are just that doesnt work for me .                                                                                                                                                                                    

Feb 25, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #9,213 of 13,438
Thanks!

I find that they really add a nice aesthetic and help with the separation.
Of you from your money and that's all.

Feb 25, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #9,214 of 13,438
I managed to squeezed in the ALPS BLUE into my MK III,again the sound improvement is noticeable quiet background and sounds very clear. 
L3000.gif

Feb 25, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #9,215 of 13,438
^^^Did you have to make a spacer for the faceplate?

I installed the eBay DACT 21 in the MKIII tonight...all fixed now...sounds good.

Now we'll see if I can break it, after the Mundorf caps arrive from Germany (Russian PIOs sitting here now)...

-Mark in St. Louis

Feb 25, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #9,216 of 13,438
^^^Did you have to make a spacer for the faceplate?

I installed the eBay DACT 21 in the MKIII tonight...all fixed now...sounds good.

Now we'll see if I can break it, after the Mundorf caps arrive from Germany (Russian PIOs sitting here now)...

-Mark in St. Louis

Yes and i in-large the existing POT hole big enough to put the Alps flash to the faceplate.I will post some pics sometime this week,I'am enjoying it that is why i don't want to take it apart again.Did you noticed how quiet the background and to my ears everything sounds smooth and quiet/clear and the soundstage sounds like it gets bigger at least to my ears.

I'am one of those MUNDORF whore.
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #9,218 of 13,438
Here's what i did to install the  ALPS into the MK III.

Shaved off some PCB materials.

In large the existing Pot hole.

Removed the Back cover of the ALPS.

Pieces needed for installation 1 large washer and the ALPS hardware.

Bend all the ALPS solder Lugs flat and solder all the connections.

Installed the POT onto the Faceplate.

Feb 26, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #9,219 of 13,438
A Tung-Sol 6F8G with flat ladder plates arrived today. So far I have seen three different versions of the TS 6F8G, one with round plates, one with Sylvania-style T-plates plates and one with RCA-style flat ladder plates. And there might be other versions out there that I have't seen.

From this photograph, it is easy to see that the rather rare TS 6SN7GT with flat ladder plates and a square top mica I picked up recently is essentially a TS 6F8G stuffed into a 6SN7 bottle.

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #9,221 of 13,438
Got my adapters from Glenn today to use with the 6F8G tubes ,were a long way from stock i would say                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Feb 26, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #9,222 of 13,438
love the glow !

Feb 27, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #9,223 of 13,438
OK...This is getting a little annoying.

Two questions:

1) Is anyone else picking up radio signals with their C3Gs???

2) Have you found that the C3Gs need more gain (volume pot position) than EF95 or EF91/92 tubes on the same track?

TIA
-Mark in St. Louis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back