Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling
Apr 19, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #2,147 of 3,408
What are the jumper switches anyway? Those small things underneath the amp? So... I must switch them all off for new tubes to work? Sorry for my ignorance.
frown.gif

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #2,148 of 3,408
Quote:

Originally Posted by page28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been given a box of valves by a neighbour, Mostly TV stuff but there were a couple of Brimar 6AM6 (cv138) (these give really solid Bass), some Zaerix 12au7's , some Marconi ECC804 (6/30l2) and a pair of Mullard E88CC 's both the latter look to be pin compatable with the 6N6 power tubes. Has anyone tried them out ?

Does E88CC work in MK III ? I've heard some really good things 'bout phillips
smily_headphones1.gif

May 8, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #2,149 of 3,408
I'm new to the tube...so for different sound signature we only change the driver tube? how about the power tube?

and how do I know which tube is compatible with my MK 3?

Thanks

May 9, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #2,151 of 3,408
any website I could get tubes besides ebay?

any my LD 3 is not bought from davidzhe on ebay...and I email him, and he said that mine is not covered by warranty...
got it from like ebay seller from hongkong? is there any experience about fake LD 3? I just afraid I got a bad item...

May 10, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #2,152 of 3,408

Quote:
any website I could get tubes besides ebay?

any my LD 3 is not bought from davidzhe on ebay...and I email him, and he said that mine is not covered by warranty...
got it from like ebay seller from hongkong? is there any experience about fake LD 3? I just afraid I got a bad item...

Jim Mcshane in Chicago has matched tubes great reseller you can get his address from audio asylum web page or Google

May 16, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #2,153 of 3,408
I just got my M8161..question how do I set the jumper? should I take it off? what should I do? the manual only say bridge and I have no idea what it means...

If I do not set it up correctly, will it like explode? or just won't play a sound?

Thanks

May 27, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #2,154 of 3,408
is adjusting the gain necessary with each set of tubes? just ordered a MKIII and am looking into all the information available, cant wait.

May 27, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #2,155 of 3,408
And on the Little Dot forum page it says they offer an upgrade over the stock tubes to a CV4010 for 35 bones, are these a decent price per sound quality?  I decided to stick with stock so i can hear the differences evolve at a later time instead of starting out with heralded tubes.

May 27, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #2,157 of 3,408
I'm still confused as to what good tubes would best suit my system. I would prefer a more detailed, high-impact sound signature without sacrificing the warmth of my LD MKIII. Any recommendations would be really appreciated.

BTW, it may be a stupid question, but which pairs of tubes are the ones you generally swap out? There are the power tubes and the driver tubes, so I guess all of these could be upgraded?

May 27, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #2,158 of 3,408

Quote:
I'm still confused as to what good tubes would best suit my system. I would prefer a more detailed, high-impact sound signature without sacrificing the warmth of my LD MKIII. Any recommendations would be really appreciated.

BTW, it may be a stupid question, but which pairs of tubes are the ones you generally swap out? There are the power tubes and the driver tubes, so I guess all of these could be upgraded?

I have also been doing a lot of reading in the last few days as i just ordered a MKIII, and from what i understand the larger power tubes are generally a lot more complicated to swap out, dealing with resistance. While the driver tubes (smaller ones obviously) if they are compatible with the MKIII (including the EF92, CV131, WE403A/B, GE5654, M8100, CV4010, EF95, 6JI as well as all equivalents) can be swapped right out with or without using the bridges for specific tubes. So to answer your question i suppose yes they can all be upgraded, but the screwing with the Power tubes without knowing what your doing could potentially harm the amp

May 27, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #2,159 of 3,408
I see. What would be the perfect driver tubes that match my criteria for sound quality without me having to change any settings? I've read that some tubes need some switches changed which I fear I might screw up. Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back