Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
Feb 8, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #541 of 2,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am a owner of  Beyers T1 and Hifiman He500.. So am wondering... if I gonna get a Little Dot amp...which of the above 2 models should I be pairing with Mk6+ or Mk8... ???

MKVIIIse is better for Beyers T1. These Beyers were one of the headphones they have made this amp for.

But not sure about the Hifimans, sorry.

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #543 of 2,724
Quote:
Hi,

I am a owner of  Beyers T1 and Hifiman He500..

So am wondering... if I gonna get a Little Dot amp...which of the above 2 models should I be pairing with

Mk6+ or Mk8... ???

Pls adv...
thanks in advance

It looks like you might have to get both..
size]

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #544 of 2,724
MK6 for sure. It is designed by in mind to power demanding orthodynamics and unique electrostatic transducers such as the AKG K1000. It will suit the HE-500 and T1's very well. The MK8 is designed to provide ample amount of power impedence wise for 150-600ohm headphones such as the HD580-800's and 600ohm Beyer's. The T1 will also pair well from a technical point of view but the T1 tesla driver can eat up more than 600ohm's at times.

Feb 9, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #545 of 2,724
Quote:
It looks like you might have to get both..
size]

great idea :) 2 headphones = 2 amps :) Buy both, compare all amp/headphone combinations and let us know :wink: Then keep the better chain for yourself and take the other one to your wife > you are happy & Valentine/Christmas solved & your wife is happy > your happiness is doubled :wink:

Feb 9, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #546 of 2,724
Well, I really wish for that

Nearly got a resale Mk6+ but missed by seconds.. someone grabbed it..

Anyway. thanks for the input..
will consider it...

Anyone selling off their unit and shipping oversea???
PM me.. I interested if the price is right...

rgds

May 1, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #552 of 2,724
Quote:
Hi,
just wondering...since I did not see anyone mentioning this

if you tube roll, do you have to perform biasing???
if yes... how?

appreciated...

now, you´ve a lot of tubes to try...
have fun
wink.gif

p.s.:the amplifier deserves good tubes

May 1, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #554 of 2,724
Quote:
There was a very kind French guy at the London meet. Could he, or someone remind me what tubes were rolled in the mk vi+?. The sound out of the HE-6 was mind blowing.

That would be zenpunks amp and if i am not mistaken he had tung sol 5998 output tubes, not sure what drivers he uses. In my opinion the HE-6s through Didiers 6+ were the best sounding at the meet. His amp put meat on the bones if you know what i mean.

It's actually got me thinking about getting a mk6 for my LCD-2s but it means changing everything from SE to balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back