Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
Dec 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #511 of 2,724
[size=medium]Yes the 7F7 with the round plates are the ones that I am using and with heavy gettering down on most of the glass. The ones I have are labeled Philco(Sylvania?) make. I also have a full box of 7N7 NOS tubes previously that I was able to acquire at a cheap price that I have not tried all of them yet. Maybe late next year. I just enjoy the MA and AIX recordings. The Aix records are very unique in sound and options on Blu-Ray. The Aix 3D video recordings are some of the best examples of natural 3D presentations I ever seen, far better that the Sony 3D recording of Lang Lang as an example. Good natural 3D video recordings require different methods from 2D video and you do not want to over blow the effect. [/size]

Dec 11, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #514 of 2,724
John your breaking my expenditure limits with all these new tubes your trying. 
mad.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #515 of 2,724
[size=medium]Well, I believe that I have a good eye for bargains and “bang for the buck.” Tube prices are going at least 40% higher each year. I view my LD Mk6 as a long term investment, getting all the tubes for the future makes perfect sense to me.  I have a few rare tubes like the NOS GE 6AS7 with the shiny copper bottom radiators, very beautiful. I also have the older NOS  Heintz & Kaufman Gammatron tubes with perfect mint color printing on the tubes, harder to find them in the 6080 version these days. [/size]
[size=medium]My LD Mk6 is being used every day for many things. My DAC has five active inputs all going to my LD Mk6 for movies, TV shows on internet, 3D music videos, DVD's and CD' except for my surround sound system.  I am hardly using my 43" TV since I can not afford satellite TV any more.[/size]

Dec 21, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #516 of 2,724
Quote:
[size=medium]Well, I believe that I have a good eye for bargains and “bang for the buck.” Tube prices are going at least 40% higher each year. I view my LD Mk6 as a long term investment, getting all the tubes for the future makes perfect sense to me.  I have a few rare tubes like the NOS GE 6AS7 with the shiny copper bottom radiators, very beautiful. I also have the older NOS  Heintz & Kaufman Gammatron tubes with perfect mint color printing on the tubes, harder to find them in the 6080 version these days. [/size]
[size=medium]My LD Mk6 is being used every day for many things. My DAC has five active inputs all going to my LD Mk6 for movies, TV shows on internet, 3D music videos, DVD's and CD' except for my surround sound system.  I am hardly using my 43" TV since I can not afford satellite TV any more.[/size]

What are your impressions of the difference between the TS12SN7 oval plates and the 7F7's? I've got a pair of ratheon 7F7's which I haven't even tried as I thought they wouldn't come up to the Tungsols's but as I couldn't sell them I will probably keep them for curiousity now. My very initial impressions of the 12sn7's together with the adapters from Glenn is very favourable as you have said previously, and I'm not really inclined to look further as these hit all the buttons for me.

Dec 21, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #517 of 2,724
[size=medium]The difference between the TS12SN7 and the 7F7 is that the 7F7 is a bit brighter, a bit less noisy and a bit more impact. Nothing is wrong with the TS12SN7 but I only have one pair of the TS12SN7 and the 7F7 is the next best thing.  I was able to acquire a few 7F7 pairs.  Make no mistake I am perfectly content with the SQ of my LD Mk6 and you said that you are content with yours also. I got all the tubes I needed for the long term.  I made some improvements on the power supply for my USB reclocker and using a different USB port is also helping with the sound quality. [/size]

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #518 of 2,724
Hiya..sorry to go off topic. Need some help. I'll like to purchase a LD MK8 SE. How do you go about doing it ? I've emailed the stated address on their forum,  little.tube@gmail.com asking for a price quote but am not getting a response. Am going about it the right way ? Hows the after sales support of their product ?

Jan 4, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #519 of 2,724
Quote:
Hiya..sorry to go off topic. Need some help. I'll like to purchase a LD MK8 SE. How do you go about doing it ? I've emailed the stated address on their forum,  little.tube@gmail.com asking for a price quote but am not getting a response. Am going about it the right way ? Hows the after sales support of their product ?

You can email or pm directly on the Little Dot forums. Faster response. I purchased my unit off ebay fyi.

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #520 of 2,724
Quote:

Be pacient, i dont like wait neither that answer me my mails, i guaranteee that david always will answer your mails. Just be pacient.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #522 of 2,724
Quote:
Can the OPA445AP in VI changed to Audio GD Sun???

No, you can not change the OPA445AP to  Audio GD Sun in the LDVI because it is serving a different purpose of DC offset servo control for the power tubes. Since there is no output DC caps being used in the LDVI the OPA445AP duty is to maintain zero DC output from the power tubes by sending a controlling signal back to the input of the tubes like kind of a feedback loop. The OPA445AP is not in the audio source path. Every time you change the  high voltage OPA445AP you fine tune the DC offset as close to zero using the trim pots for each chip.

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #523 of 2,724
Quote:
 No, you can not change the OPA445AP to  Audio GD Sun in the LDVI because it is serving a different purpose of DC offset servo control for the power tubes. Since there is no output DC caps being used in the LDVI the OPA445AP duty is to maintain zero DC output from the power tubes by sending a controlling signal back to the input of the tubes like kind of a feedback loop. The OPA445AP is not in the audio source path. Every time you change the  high voltage OPA445AP you fine tune the DC offset as close to zero using the trim pots for each chip.

perfect explanation!!!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back