Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
Sep 19, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #1,340 of 2,724
Come on mate, even if we are in the 21th century, let people do their job, you will be answered by Sword Yang himself, and I'm sure he has some engineering job to do beside managing orders and mail !
By the way, you are ordering some serious amp !
If you have budget, ask for the slightly modified version (better resistor and better coupling caps), unless you can do it yourself like I did.

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #1,341 of 2,724
lol reading that back it sounds unreasonable. I was just hoping my email hadnt got lost in spam or something, because I'm off on holiday tomorrow and had a feeling I might talk myself out of it while I'm away.

Thanks for the heads up on the upgrade. I'd definitely want to go for that. How much extra cost is it?

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #1,342 of 2,724
I'm afraid it's about 500 bucks, mainly because of the stupidly expensive Mundorf Silver gold oil capacitor.

But you can for sure make a deal with Sword Yang, buying and sending yourself the capacitor and resistor of your taste and let his team mount them.  By the way don't forget there's limited space inside the amp, so some capacitor may not fit.

Just saying, I went for Kiwame 5W resistor and Audyn true copper caps (you can try them, or Jensen copper, or vintage russian military caps, paper in oil). Just make sure they fit.

These two upgrades put my VI+ up in the stratosphere :D

Sep 20, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #1,343 of 2,724
Cheers G600 I sent an email asking to purchase one about 6 hours ago. Would have been around 2pm there I think. Surprised I've had no response yet.

We have the very first dedicated HeadFi show ongoing right now in China, from 20th~21st, and Yang was busy pack up and setting up the booth since Thur, Yang will announced a flagship class A solid state amplifier at the show, so I am mot surprised that your email won't get responded until next week, stay tune for that.

These are the new products on displayed at the booth, class A headphone amp LD_X1on top, and LDP_500 power conditioner at bottom.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 25, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #1,347 of 2,724
  I'm afraid it's about 500 bucks, mainly because of the stupidly expensive Mundorf Silver gold oil capacitor.

But you can for sure make a deal with Sword Yang, buying and sending yourself the capacitor and resistor of your taste and let his team mount them.  By the way don't forget there's limited space inside the amp, so some capacitor may not fit.

Just saying, I went for Kiwame 5W resistor and Audyn true copper caps (you can try them, or Jensen copper, or vintage russian military caps, paper in oil). Just make sure they fit.

These two upgrades put my VI+ up in the stratosphere :D

Did you go for silver wiring as well? I just wondered what effect that had on the sound before I do the mods.

Sep 26, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #1,349 of 2,724
Yeah, I tend to agree with you about that, that's why I asked, although I know some people swear by silver. Sounds like you've got a great improvement over stock sound anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back