Little Dot MK III vs. Darkvoice 336SE vs. Fubar III
Dec 17, 2008 at 9:40 AM Post #16 of 24
I might just have to go eBay every 6SN7 I can find for under $10 until this problem is solved. Oh, and because this thing shipped with a busted power button, the amp is now perma-on as I had to rewire it. This does wonders for its resale value. Guess I need to learn to love the huge, distorted tubes on my 336 :)

Jun 3, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #18 of 24

Quote:
I might just have to go eBay every 6SN7 I can find for under $10 until this problem is solved. Oh, and because this thing shipped with a busted power button, the amp is now perma-on as I had to rewire it. This does wonders for its resale value. Guess I need to learn to love the huge, distorted tubes on my 336 :)

No product support from audio-gd? if it shipped broken thats there bad yea?

Jun 5, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #19 of 24
^^ Err, you do realise you brought up a really old thread right ?

Anyways his problem was with the Darkvoice and not the Audio-GD. Plus the amp is heavy and I believe Darkvoice charges you one way shipping if the amp dies within warranty.

Another Chinese manufacturer (Little Dot) gives you a free shipping one month warranty. i.e if the amp is defective they will pay for BOTH ways shipping. Thats a very nice thing to have IMHO when shipping is something like $50 for a heavy tube amp.

I honestly dont know why you Americans buy Chinese tube amps when a lot of the cost goes into shipping!
dt880smile.png

You have quite a few tube amp manufacturers in the US itself that make fine amps. That includes budget Amps like Bottlehead and others.

In my country we get Speaker tube amps but no headphones amps.
frown.gif

Jun 5, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #20 of 24
May 20, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #21 of 24
Hi guys!
I cannot find any new thread for darkvoice 336SE. all posts are out of date but I consider buying it. why theres no new info about it? Is it not so good or are there much better products (tube amps) for  that price? I currently own matrix m stage and cant find ANY comparision even its ss vs tubes. Maybe someone listened both? What can I expect? I own beyerdynamic 250 and 600 ohms and found that OTLs are perfectly matched for it, but never heard any. Would it be good idea changing matrix for darkvoice? Any describe of sound difference? help please:)

May 21, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #23 of 24
i wont reply to your question as i dont have idea, but fact is i am deciding between these two amps (DV 336 vs LD MK IV)..saw basic difference, warm sound vs neutral sound, but i started wondering, how does affect sound 4 tubes on LD MK IV (probably two for each channel) vs 2 tubes (but very different) on DV..
What exactly is different on that ginormous tube on DV (which, in fact looks awesome and in night it might shine very nice)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back