Little Dot III + Grado GS1000.
Apr 8, 2010 at 7:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Bagger

New Head-Fier
Hi

I just bought the GS1000, but i wounder what you out there think is the best setup for impedance on the little dot?

Sorry for my bad english.

Best regards
Bagger

Apr 8, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 5
I had the Little Dot MkIV for a while and it did NOT do justice to the GS1K. They are rather picky cans, IME. I personally doubt that the MkIII will be a great match with those cans but if that's what you have, try all the gain settings and then decide what you like. Good luck!

Apr 9, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by carledwards /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the Little Dot MkIV for a while and it did NOT do justice to the GS1K. They are rather picky cans, IME. I personally doubt that the MkIII will be a great match with those cans but if that's what you have, try all the gain settings and then decide what you like. Good luck!

If it is not the best wich one should i then look after? Should it be something from woo-audio or do you have some other sudgestions?

Apr 9, 2010 at 8:03 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it is not the best wich one should i then look after? Should it be something from woo-audio or do you have some other sudgestions?

Well, everyone hears a bit differently but I personally find the Woo WA6 to be a considerable improvement with those cans when compared to the Little Dot I used to own. I think you may just have to listen to a few and decide for yourself, if that's possible. I assume you own these phones? If so, I sympathize because they really don't reveal their best on just any amp you happen to grab. Try to find some place where you can compare for yourself. What I like (or another member here likes) may not be what you like!
normal_smile .gif

Apr 9, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by carledwards /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, everyone hears a bit differently but I personally find the Woo WA6 to be a considerable improvement with those cans when compared to the Little Dot I used to own. I think you may just have to listen to a few and decide for yourself, if that's possible. I assume you own these phones? If so, I sympathize because they really don't reveal their best on just any amp you happen to grab. Try to find some place where you can compare for yourself. What I like (or another member here likes) may not be what you like!
normal_smile .gif

But i could use other members opinions to find out what i should try. I then make my own experience.

Do you have the stock tubes or do you upgrade? If yes, how much did this give you? And what tubes are you on right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back