Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
Aug 21, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #2,762 of 3,154
I've been reading about the Little dot I+ quite a lot recently.....I've even asked Amazon if they would price match the price from Massdrop....What I like in this amp is the ability to tweak it with other tubes and opamps
But now i wonder if the Xduoo XD05 (DAC/AMP) might be a good option as well.....!!!

Aug 21, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #2,763 of 3,154
I use an HRT Music Streamer II V1 connected to my PC under Linux (without the DAC I have an annoying breath in the headphones), by the way, the dac improve the sound quality (I'm in bitperfect, only the P5 B&W need to use 0.6 of crystalizer plugin to sharpen the treble).

Aug 21, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #2,764 of 3,154
I recently started using my LD I+ to drive my Mackie HR824 powered studio monitors. Wow!
Here is my current signal chain:

Realistic LAB-2200 Turntable
Linear Tracking, Direct Drive (1986)
Audio-Technica 311EP

Cambridge Audio 540P phono preamp

Little Dot I+
WE408A (NOS mid-50's), Burr-Brown OPA2107

Mackie HR824

Aug 21, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #2,765 of 3,154
I have to try to chain my material ... hope it will be good : PC (all FLAC sources) => Deadbeef in Bitperfect conf => HRT DAC=> Beocenter 9600 (with an old Dual turntable plug in it) => little dot I+ => Headphones

Actually I don't pass through the B&O and it's already astonishing 

Aug 21, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #2,766 of 3,154
I use the DAC direct output from my Burson Audio V2+ to the LD I+, maybe a little over kill but it sounds pretty good :wink:

Aug 22, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #2,767 of 3,154
I think if you replace the volume pot and change to a somewhat more "audiophile" fuse, you're going to have a truly hi-end amp in the LD I+. I use the m9xx to feed my I+ and I don't think it's an overkill at all

Aug 22, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #2,768 of 3,154
It will be awesome if someone could tell wich part to replace with wich one and where to buy those part :)

Aug 22, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #2,769 of 3,154
I think if you replace the volume pot and change to a somewhat more "audiophile" fuse, you're going to have a truly hi-end amp in the LD I+. I use the m9xx to feed my I+ and I don't think it's an overkill at all
I know it's a "thing" that I've heard of before but the notion of an "audiophile fuse" is asinine to me.

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #2,772 of 3,154
It made my sr80e's shine. With some new tubes, an  op amp, a volume knob and some new feet, it punches well above what it's price would have you believe. I think it's probably one of the best amps for low impedance cans.

Aug 25, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #2,774 of 3,154
My favourite tubes which I'm using right now are the Mullard m8100, I think these are really great with some DSD files I have. I'm using the lt1364 currently but I'm looking to upgrade to something higher end. And I haven't changed the petentiometre at the moment. I just changed the knob for aesthetics.

Aug 25, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #2,775 of 3,154
It will be awesome if someone could tell wich part to replace with wich one and where to buy those part :)
I'm still experimenting. Will tell soon :wink:
I know it's a "thing" that I've heard of before but the notion of an "audiophile fuse" is asinine to me.

Yeah I can say the same thing... Not a true believer yet.
But *technically* as the fuse is in the electrical path it's very likely that it can change the sound. I can't say how much actually, though.
You see, some people would spend hundreds bucks on electric cables and purifiers and stuffs like that. But the point here is that the Little Dot I+, cheap as it is, is quite a platform for improvement. Rolling tubes/opamp and lastly replacing the volume pot will drastically improve the sound.
In my review on this amp which you can find in my signature, I mentioned that I stick with this one not because I can't afford anything more expensive but because it's the best for my headphone collection, which are mostly low-impedance. I believe someone would feel the same about it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back