Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
Aug 4, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #2,746 of 3,154
I normaly receive the v5i between the 9th and the 16th of this month so I'll can review it (but ill can't compare it with the V5SS cause don't have one :wink:. Hope it makes a big change with the two single 627 in the brown dog (which have already an amazing sound).

Aug 17, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #2,747 of 3,154
Just received the V5i ! it fits perfectly inside the little dot I+ and ... it's a tremendous slap in the face that send you in the strings ! Details and spatialisation and it's not burned yett (5 min that I have put it in). It runs with my Voskhod Gold Pin Military grade of 1967 and with the momentum Over Ear : really impressive ! 

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #2,749 of 3,154
Hi this is this one : https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/supreme-sound-opamp-v5i/ in dual 

Dual V5i x1

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #2,751 of 3,154
I was with two 627 Burson OPA on a brown dog just before to have it and the sound was quite good but with the sennheiser I needed to play with the equaliser and some Audacious plugin (I'm on Linux with a HRT dac and configured the bitperfect hability of my OS). With the V5i, I deactivated all plugin and the equaliser and have more space (than the spacializer plugin do), it's far more realistic, sharper (I like when it's sharp especialy for vocal parts in rock and opera, that's why I use Voskhod valves, like the Mullard for the rock but it's too smooth for me after 1 or 2 hours). You don't need to think twice where were the instrument in the scene...

Personnaly, when I make a change I use the song Joline of Dolly Parton : here, the voice is sharp, the guitars from left and right are perfectly placed, bass are details, just perfect as I have it in my head. Another thing, I judged that some instrument are better dissociated and I can heard some sounds that I never heard before.

That's my own experience and I just have it for two days, so it needs burnin but normaly it will be more accurate with time, but the best thing : it's twice cheaper than the original V5 and you can put it in very easily in the little dot. 

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #2,752 of 3,154
  I was with two 627 Burson OPA on a brown dog just before to have it and the sound was quite good but with the sennheiser I needed to play with the equaliser and some Audacious plugin (I'm on Linux with a HRT dac and configured the bitperfect hability of my OS). With the V5i, I deactivated all plugin and the equaliser and have more space (than the spacializer plugin do), it's far more realistic, sharper (I like when it's sharp especialy for vocal parts in rock and opera, that's why I use Voskhod valves, like the Mullard for the rock but it's too smooth for me after 1 or 2 hours). You don't need to think twice where were the instrument in the scene...

Personnaly, when I make a change I use the song Joline of Dolly Parton : here, the voice is sharp, the guitars from left and right are perfectly placed, bass are details, just perfect as I have it in my head. Another thing, I judged that some instrument are better dissociated and I can heard some sounds that I never heard before.

That's my own experience and I just have it for two days, so it needs burnin but normaly it will be more accurate with time, but the best thing : it's twice cheaper than the original V5 and you can put it in very easily in the little dot. 

OK, merci....

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #2,753 of 3,154
erf, merde, fallait direct poser la question en français, j'ai corrigé mon article sur le little dot sur mon site en parlant de la v5i si tu préfères :

http://www.pleasureblog.net/little-dot-i/

Je l'ai commandée auprès de Burson sur ebay, ca a pris juste 2 semaines et demie pour qu'elle arrive.

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #2,754 of 3,154

my initial impression is the same as yours, Achel. I intend to review the v5i in details but haven't got the time yet

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #2,755 of 3,154
I Think I'll stay with this opamp and I"ll don't even try SPARKO SS3602D, DEXA DX2010 or SONIC IMAGERY 994EnH-Ticha ... except if smdy have tested all of them and said that there is one really better than the V5 ...                            

Aug 19, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #2,756 of 3,154
I just buy a new solder to repair my Grado SR80 and my old AKG K141 and tested with 627OPA and the V5i ... The AKG have really huge details !!! and wath to say for the Grado : glue them to my ears !!!!! wath a sound with the burson ... I think that, for the grado and the akg wich are really sharp, I"ll replace the Voskhod by my Mullard CV4015 or 8101 ... just to have more bass.

The v5i is really tremendous !

Update : With the grado, absolutely Mullard 8161 ! just ahve to say What ! On no Woman no Cry, I Was in the public, in front stage !!!!! 
             With other headphones : Voskhod

Aug 20, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #2,757 of 3,154
Aug 20, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #2,758 of 3,154
Thks for this review, now I want to test your little DAC :p

Aug 21, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #2,760 of 3,154
By the way, what are the different options to feed the Little Dot I+ in terms of audio source?
Directly from a laptop thru its headphone jack, or an external DAC is necessary? In that case, which one do you guys use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back