Little Dot 1+ Hybrid and AKG K601
Jul 22, 2011 at 10:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Gwarmi

Headphoneus Supremus

Hello all,

Just wanted to ask if anyone is using the Little Dot 1+ Hybrid with the AKG K601's?

I've read a few posts relating to the lower impedance K701 / K702 but no real impressions with the K601.

Thanks,

Jul 23, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 3
I use this setup.

Can't compare it to other amps though, as I haven't used any others with it. I do think they power them fine though, at least I can't hear any real flaws.

I do feel like the soundstage isn't all that impressive with the amp, but to some that might be a plus. I've heard some people complaining about the K601/K701's having too big of soundstage, but this is much more intimate.

Really, really love the mids on this setup though. The Little Dot I+ has slightly forward mids, and it pairs well to make a really fun, engaging sound with the K601's. Electric guitars really scream, and voices come through with great detail.

Jul 23, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #3 of 3

-@Kukuk

I'm assuming that you are still using the stock 6JI tubes? Some other threads claim that sound stage can be tweaked
 with other tubes like the EF92 and WE408A.

Thanks again, my thoughts were that the Little Dot would have ample headroom to power them - 300mW at 120ohms.

Overall sounds like a good introduction to the wonderful world of tube amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back