Listening in the dark
Jun 4, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #46 of 86

Quote:
I'm glad that I'm not the only person that first thinks bowel movement when they see BM.

lmao. I just now realized that.

Quote:
Indeed, well recorded BM rarely has good atmosphere (Demon Burger).

As for enjoying less in life, that happens with knowledge of anything really. Back when me and one of my friends were like 10, we went to the movies a lot and we couldn't ask for anything more than films like Star Wars, Saving Private Ryan, etc. Now he's a film buff and can't stand anything like that. That also happens with literature and... well, pretty much everything.

For whatever reason though, I seem to be largely unaffected by this kind of stuff. I've been a gamer and music lover my whole life and I still love all the games and music I used to play when I was younger, even if I know it's a lot worse. I can love Black Ops and Xenogears at the same time. I love 1987 Bathory despite not being alive yet just as much as I love 2010 Ihsahn. I can suspend disbelief and enjoy a crazy modern Hollywood flick then enjoy something like La Dolce Vita or Fargo. So it goes with the whole audiophile thing, obviously with these kinds of headphones I notice the recording flaws but I don't care, I enjoy music more than I ever have.

I guess I'm special
tongue_smile.gif

Thank you for enjoying post-metal

Jun 4, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #47 of 86

Quote:
I'm glad that I'm not the only person that first thinks bowel movement when they see BM.

I was a little nervous posting that. I really expected to just look like a moron 
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #49 of 86
Listening in the dark has given me the best dreams into the music realm, that's why all my equipment revolves around my bed :D
I use my D7000 with my HDP for laying on my bed and a pair of Adam a7x's with a Maudio sbx10 sub, all going through my HDP when I am in my chair with all the lights off.

Jun 4, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #50 of 86

Quote:
...why would you record BM in the first place? 

ha ha ha sorry I have british toilet humour syndrome. Although when I was young I did experiment recording BM.. did a compilation for my friends, twas very funny.
biggrin.gif

Back on track, erm Black Sabbath??!! (they invented BM) their first album was recorded in a day and it still sounds amazing, ruff and ready!     

Jun 4, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #51 of 86

Quote:
ha ha ha sorry I have british toilet humour syndrome. Although when I was young I did experiment recording BM.. did a compilation for my friends, twas very funny.
biggrin.gif

Back on track, erm Black Sabbath??!! (they invented BM) their first album was recorded in a day and it still sounds amazing, ruff and ready!     

Jun 4, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #52 of 86

Quote:
biggrin.gif

Facepalm.png

Jun 4, 2011 at 6:14 AM Post #53 of 86
Well I used to know Cronos and the boys personally (they are from my home town, I currently work with Abaddon's son) and believe me there would be no Venom without Black Sabbath! for sure. Just because the term was first coined by their 2nd album doesn't mean jack. Black Metal is about satanism and the like, and Black Sabbath did it first. Therefore they were the first "Black Metal" band.

And if young rowstabouts start telling me that Green Day invented Punk then I'll send Cronos round to sort yiz all oot!!  

Jun 4, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #54 of 86
Watch the movie Metal: A Headbangers Journey. I honestly can't remember who at the moment started BM, but I feel like LugBug1 is right. Or at least it was a group around the same time as Sabbath. Clearly it isn't the same as the BM today, or even in the late 90's, but its still BM nonetheless. 

Jun 4, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #55 of 86

Quote:
Watch the movie Metal: A Headbangers Journey. I honestly can't remember who at the moment started BM, but I feel like LugBug1 is right. Or at least it was a group around the same time as Sabbath. Clearly it isn't the same as the BM today, or even in the late 90's, but its still BM nonetheless. 

i love that movie, global metal is good to it is by the same guy.

Jun 4, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #56 of 86

Quote:
i love that movie, global metal is good to it is by the same guy.

Oooh! I haven't heard of that one. Thanks for the heads up, I'm definitely going to check that out.

Jun 4, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #58 of 86
Is it just me or is it totally metal that this thread has been so derailed by metal talk?

We should hang out sometime. Have a meet for this thread only! It's nice to see metal talk without all the "my crap is heavier then your crap" ego stroking.

Anyone listening to the new Scar Symmetry? I haven't listened to them in a while and apparently missed there last album and line-up changes entirely. Loved Holographic Universe though. Diggin' the new album so far. Nice balance of back and forth with cleans and growls. Only a couple tracks deep but they seem to be leaning more on riffs and less on synth in this album. Me likey!

Jun 4, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #60 of 86

Quote:
Is it just me or is it totally metal that this thread has been so derailed by metal talk?

We should hang out sometime. Have a meet for this thread only! It's nice to see metal talk without all the "my crap is heavier then your crap" ego stroking.

Anyone listening to the new Scar Symmetry? I haven't listened to them in a while and apparently missed there last album and line-up changes entirely. Loved Holographic Universe though. Diggin' the new album so far. Nice balance of back and forth with cleans and growls. Only a couple tracks deep but they seem to be leaning more on riffs and less on synth in this album. Me likey!

i have given it a listen to 1 or 2 tracks i need to sit down and go through it. but the 2 tracks i liked. holographic universe was amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back