Listening Impressions: Toxic Silver Poison/ TWag v2 Gold & Toxic Scorpion/ TWcu v3
Nov 26, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #31 of 38
Hi joe, They are both very nice dacs.
I have not compared them side by side as they are both on different systems. If I had to pick one it would prob be the 7.1 from Audio GD.
You do not notice that its there..... very transparent, there are quite a number of threads on the quality of this Dac.

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #32 of 38
Oh also another thing that might also determine which one you may prefer is the size.... W4S has small footprint always remains cool to the touch.
The Audio gd 7.1 .....Well its a Monster in comparison and can get hot. Class D runs alot more cooler.....
The Dac 2 also has independent volume control & remote.

Nov 30, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

I haven't heard TF10 in a gazillion years so I can't comment.

Differences for SP and SD is as below:

Bass: SP has better bass both in quality and quantity. SD has tight and quick bass.
   Mids: SP has slightly warmer and fuller mids. Both r as transparent with excellent clarity.
   Treble: SP has a more rounded treble. SD has a more sparkly trreble.
   Soundstage: SP is more expansive and spacious sounding with good width and depth. SD is slightly more intimate sounding.

These listening impression is done based on my UM Miracle and 3rd Anniversary Studio V
I'm using SD while waiting for my SP, Scorpion and Viper from Frank.

Wow, that would be impressive, time to save up for Silver Poison, thank you very much for sharing it

Nov 30, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

You are welcome man.

Looking for a DAC. I've heard W4S DAC2. How does Audio-gd Ref 7.1 compares to it?

Highly recommend the Ref 7.1. It truly is a high end DAC and for the price it is one of the best in its class, outperforming others in its price category. However, do note that you will need a good transport for the Ref 7.1 to sound its best. You may want to consider the Master 7 instead.

I haven't heard the W4S DAC so I cant give you a comparison of the two.

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #36 of 38
can anyone here recommend me a cable that could bring Miracle to HD 800?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back