List of High-End Digital Source Owners on Head-Fi Continued
Jan 31, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #196 of 284
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just saw goldmund has a reference eidos blu ray player! hold your horses i might be toping this list! just give me a chance to get it. i am afraid to mention the price actually.

music_man

Before you hand over your money.... check it isn't the same player as a $500 Panasonic or Oppo in a very nice looking case. Seriously - that seems to be what the supposed hi-end companies are doing now to produce blu ray players for their market segement.

Jan 31, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #197 of 284
yes i know this. also the thing seems to actually be a serious pos. it does not even have balanced outputs! the specs aren't that great either. i am thinking it might be a shanling which was what their last cd player was! since i highly doubt i'd buy this thing i will just say it is $125,000! it would at least put me at the top of the list lol. some things are worth that money. this thing appears not to be.

i am aware of the oppo and marantz rebadges are there any others? i don't think this is off topic. since it would be a real shame for someone to make this list when they really have a $500 player!

this is the "luxury" companies doing this. it is for people that have more money than brains. the serious audio companies are making their machines in house and we know which are the serious audio companies.

i have the krell sacd standard and the old mark levinson 31.5 and 30.6 combo among other things. i am not so keen on the list anyhow(which is why i did not put the prices). i really don't like to brag about prices.

music_man

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #198 of 284
Linn Akurate DS bought about 2 months ago but not sure is it qualify as a high-end source.
biggrin.gif

R0033361.JPG

Feb 20, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #200 of 284
I, too, aspire one day to own a machine worthy of inclusion on this list.

Feb 22, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #202 of 284
AYON CD-1, $4200

Mar 10, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #209 of 284
Yikes I just checked the list and I am three dacs removed from the present day

I had the wavelength cosecant and honestly I thought the $500 Apogee Duet was better. I then moved on to a sonic studio 302 (metric halo uln-2) and now have a Sonic Studio 305 (aka amarra 4 aka metric halo uln-8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back