Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$2200.00 is a "tad more"
eek.gif
For no improvement
eek.gif

wink_face.gif
Explain, please.

I wanted to purchase an SA-1 but could not find one in the condition I required. Eventually I located a modded SA-1 on the market that met my standards, so I purchased it. The price was "a tad" more than a clean stock unit would have gone for at the time, but not by the full $2200. Upgrades like that don't really hold their value upon resale.

Hope that makes it more clear.

Dec 11, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #182 of 284
Quote:

Originally Posted by project86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wanted to purchase an SA-1 but could not find one in the condition I required. Eventually I located a modded SA-1 on the market that met my standards, so I purchased it. The price was "a tad" more than a clean stock unit would have gone for at the time, but not by the full $2200. Upgrades like that don't really hold their value upon resale.

Hope that makes it more clear.

Thanks, I thought you might be Bill Gates
bigsmile_face.gif

I see, I misunderstood!

Dec 20, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #184 of 284
Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorcilantro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What if your source is a PC, external sound card, and DAC that totals 2K+?

I can't believe the cost of those DACs at the top.

Source is source, go for it.
beerchug.gif

normal_smile .gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #187 of 284
Since I falled by chance on a combo HE90+HEV90 in an antique shop near my office,
tongue.gif

I was compelled to change my source...

I decided for a T+A D10

(a german tube SACD player around 9800 USD in Europe...) against Marantz Ki Pearl, Meridian G08 and Hegel CDP4A and many others...

Jan 30, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #192 of 284
I thought I was insane to spend that sort of money on my bryston dac. According to the chart, I am being a serious cheapskate, barely scraping into the "top end".

Jan 31, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #194 of 284
Sony SCD-1 $5000 in its day I think (was £3500 in UK)

Vacuum State VSE level 6+ modification - no idea how much they cost as the previous owner paid for them and he sure didn't get any return on the investment
wink.gif

But its a huge improvement from the stock player (which I used to own) on both CD and SACD.

Jan 31, 2010 at 7:06 AM Post #195 of 284
i just saw goldmund has a reference eidos blu ray player! hold your horses i might be toping this list! just give me a chance to get it. i am afraid to mention the price actually.

music_man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back