List of High-End Analog Source Owners on Head-Fi Continued
Sep 6, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #226 of 256
Hey all...haven't been here in a LOOOOONG time. Honestly don't think i'm gonna keep this thread updated anymore. Life has brought on many changes and new interests. While I certainly still love music...I'm simply burned out on the whole" High End" audio hobby as a whole. If someone would like to take this thread over...feel free. Peace out Head-Fi......

Sep 9, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #227 of 256
Maybe I'll take it over for you if you like. All vinyl heads, he is some info on free vinyl - a weekly giveaway from Soundstage Direct. Had a couple bad pressings of an LP and EXCELLENT customer service from Soundstage Direct. I'm going to partner with them on my blog to do a weekly? vinyl record giveaway and I'll be cross-posting here where the good karma always is found in excess; you all deserve it. This is a great forum that goes beyond the gear, beyond the egos, and really has picked me up at the least expected moments. I don't have a lot of followers, and I just geek out on my blog archiving HiFi oddities, interesting videos or links, and digital audio experiments (which I hope to do a lot more of - including component shootouts with local HiFi club). It would be easier if people entered on the blog with a comment but I won't make that mandatory - it would just help to organize the weekly drawing (and I work full time with two kids and an understanding wife). You don't have to subscribe to the blog but hey that would be cool too!

So first up is a 45, just to get things rolling. It's a promo 45RPM release for Ray Lamontagne's new album God Willin' & The Creek Don't Rise. These are two tracks from this excellent album issued by RCA Sony in 2010. I can give it a cleaning on the Nitty Gritty for you, but it will be unplayed. I have however heard these songs from the LP release.

RULES:
  • Must be in the States. 
  • Just post in the comments "I'm in, and I'm listening to ......"
Soundstage Direct mentioned the possibility of doing Steve Vai's new album next - don't get your hopes up, but I'm hopeful we'll even get some pretty sweet holiday karma working too. I can toss in some vacuum tubes from time to time as well. They are a top notch group of folks and just blew me away with their service, and this idea!

Sep 9, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #228 of 256
I am DEFINITELY in and I'm listening to Lightning Hopkins in New York on Pure Pleasure records which I JUST bought from......Soundstage Direct! Meant to be :)

Sep 14, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #229 of 256
Not to overtake this thread, moved to here with update to Steve Vai album.

Quote:
I am DEFINITELY in and I'm listening to Lightning Hopkins in New York on Pure Pleasure records which I JUST bought from......Soundstage Direct! Meant to be
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 23, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #232 of 256
Ordered a Dynavector 507MKII arm and armboard to use with my VPI SSM signature w/upgraded platter. Been wanting to get this arm for a long time. Cartridges are either the Koetsu Rosewood sig. platinum or Dynavector XX2 MKII.
CANT WAIT!

Sep 23, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #233 of 256
It's a great arm Tom; I reckon you are going to be one very happy camper when it arrives.

Sep 24, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #235 of 256
Acoustic Research ETL-1 modified by Eric Whiteacre of The Sound of the Wood; SME 3009/S2 Improved arm w/Denon DL103 cartridge

Scott 350-C Tuner modified by Mapleshade Audio

Sep 24, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #236 of 256
Quote:
Ordered a Dynavector 507MKII arm and armboard to use with my VPI SSM signature w/upgraded platter. Been wanting to get this arm for a long time. Cartridges are either the Koetsu Rosewood sig. platinum or Dynavector XX2 MKII.
CANT WAIT!

That's the coolest looking arm ever made. It certainly seemed to do a much better job, with the Ortofon Windfeld, than my Fidelity Research arm (though it was not in my system I heard it in, but similar). Will be intersting to hear what the Koetsu/507 sounds like - congrats!

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #237 of 256
Great thread and had a lot of fun reading it.

I've had my analog source for 2 months now and I absolutely adore it.Running an Avid Volvere with a SME 309 arm.

Previously was running a Nagaoka MP-500, but a tragedy occured and I upgraded to the Dynavector XX2-MK II. Once that came in, it absolutely ate my ayon for breakfast.

Am waiting for my Avid Sequel SP upgrade to come in from the UK.I can only anticipate the upgrade in sound quality from there with the upgraded motor and external power supply.

Dec 30, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #238 of 256
Edit Woops, just realized it was analog sources.

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #239 of 256
Someone in the local speaker club sold an Audioquest PT-6, and Grado Reference Platinum for a price I could not pass up. 

Im going to hold off on my judgement until I can get some damping fluid for the arm. 

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #240 of 256
PRETTY!!!  Got it hooked up to the headphone rig, or your giant speakers? 

Quote:
Someone in the local speaker club sold an Audioquest PT-6, and Grado Reference Platinum for a price I could not pass up. 

Im going to hold off on my judgement until I can get some damping fluid for the arm. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back