List of High-End Analog Source Owners on Head-Fi Continued
Jan 19, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #241 of 256

At the moment its hooked up to the headphone rig.

Quote:
PRETTY!!!  Got it hooked up to the headphone rig, or your giant speakers? 

Quote:
Someone in the local speaker club sold an Audioquest PT-6, and Grado Reference Platinum for a price I could not pass up. 

Im going to hold off on my judgement until I can get some damping fluid for the arm. 

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #243 of 256

Quote:

Nikon, is that lp grooved?

Yepp, the groves just disappear in the out of focus portion of the image so quickly. I'm crazy about my macro lens, so the depth of field is pretty small. 

If you look at the last pic closely you can actually see the groves (right click the pic, open in new tab, zoom to full size) and the ripples and whatnot. 

Jan 20, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #245 of 256
i'm new here, and just noticed this thread. so here ya go with my analog sources to add to the mix.....

my three tt's are;

Rockport Sirius III, uses a Rockport linear tracking arm and Lyra Olympos SL cart.

Kodo 'The Beat' direct drive tt, one Talea series 2 arm, Ortofon A90 cart, one Reed 2P arm, Ortofon A90 cart.

Steve Dobbins plinth'd Garrard 301, one Talea series 1 arm, Miyajima Premium Mono Be cart, one Reed 2P arm, Azden MM cart.

i also have 3 RTR tape decks, 2 of which are in my room.

Studer A-820, fully refurbished 2 years ago, with custom King-Cello custom output electronics.

Ampex ATR-102, fully rebuilt 2 years ago. both 1/4" and 1/2" headstacks.

Technics RS-1500, stock. not in room.

i connect both the Woo 6SE and SRM-717 thru the 'record out' on the darTZeel preamp so i can enjoy all my sources thru the cans.

Jan 20, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #246 of 256
***WOW*** - very impressive!

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #247 of 256

Quote:
That Avid looks nice with a pretty clamp, is that Dynavector MC? That table deserves an SME V.

Nikon, is that lp grooved?

I already ordered the SME Vd....it's on its way now
smily_headphones1.gif
 WIll post pictures once I've upgraded it to the sequel status and put on the V.

Yes it's the dynavector xx2-mk 2. Fantastic cart!

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #248 of 256
Wow. Mr. Mossback, that's some setup. Personally I would love to hear a Kodo TT one day, hope you are enjoying it!

Whilst my path in recent years has been to reduce and reduce to the bare bones (although I have to admit that ASR amplification is stretching the term "bare bones" somewhat...) you seem to be ploughing quite a furrow towards analogue heaven there.

Happy listening!

(best 11th post ever guys?)

Jan 21, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #249 of 256

Quote:
Wow. Mr. Mossback, that's some setup. Personally I would love to hear a Kodo TT one day, hope you are enjoying it!

Whilst my path in recent years has been to reduce and reduce to the bare bones (although I have to admit that ASR amplification is stretching the term "bare bones" somewhat...) you seem to be ploughing quite a furrow towards analogue heaven there.

Happy listening!

(best 11th post ever guys?)

thanks. i do enjoy my Kodo 'The Beat' tt. it's direct drive, very quiet and has great bass and pace with a very high torque motor; built by Steve Dobbins, who also built the plinth for my Garrard 301. the Rockport is really my favorite.

i'm a late-comer to hi-end headphones but i've been assembling my analog sources for quite a few years......

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #250 of 256
Mr. Mossback has a very nice setup, i had a chance to listen to it at a NW Audio meet, it was truly a treat to hear a proper tape setup with speakers. By the way for those in the Seattle area, the folks over at the TapeProject ( Dan "Doc B." Schmalle and crew) are doing a informal listening meet; from the tape project email:

"We will have an informal listening session on January 22nd, 2- 4p.m., during which we will be playing some tracks from three of the new Tape Project Series Three albums - selections from Nat Adderley's well known Work Song, Creedence Clearwater Revival's double platinum Willy and the Poor Boys, and the Oliver Nelson's amazing first big band album Afro-American Sketches. Stop by and hear tapes and the tape machine (my Bottlehead modded Nagra T Audio) that wowed listeners in the Magico room at CES 2011. Also flanged up a full album of TP-014, Respighi's Church Windows and Copland's Appalachian Spring that we can roll on Saturday."

Semi-related but has anyone heard the Air bearing Tangent tonearm ? http://www.dnaudio.com/Tan.htm

DIY effort to repro one http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/134869-diy-air-bearing-tangent-tone-arm.html

Terminator Air Tonearm - http://www.trans-fi.com/terminatortonearm.htm

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #251 of 256
I have seen that impressive Mossback system somewhere before. My jaw was on the floor then as it is now.

Jan 22, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #253 of 256
That Terminator Air Tonearm is nice but looks like complicated to setup. Also, I wonder how much air pressure it needs. I used to have an Eminent Technology ET2 air bearing arm and it was very easy to setup. The air pump is noisy so I kept it inside a closet with the air tank. I also put an inline air pressure gauge close to my tt.

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #254 of 256
It's a killer arm with the new Tomahawk wand from what i have read. the Lenco forum guys have AB'd it against the Rockport and others.

It actually has a fin azimuth adjustment which is really handy.

you do have to slide records 'under' the airbearing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back