List of High-End Analog Source Owners on Head-Fi Continued
Nov 15, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #121 of 256
NICE! I've been eyeing the LP - S. You like it, eh?

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #122 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Very much so right now.
biggrin.gif
icon10.gif

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #123 of 256
Quote:

The LP S is excellent. The only cartridge I own that I like better with all types of music and recordings is the Koetsu Onyx Platinum.

Nov 19, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #124 of 256
Dinan, could you tell me what sets the Darkstar Reference apart from the regular version? I haven't been able to find much info (in English) on the Darkstars. Axiss doesn't even have them on their site yet.

Nov 20, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #125 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The LP S is excellent. The only cartridge I own that I like better with all types of music and recordings is the Koetsu Onyx Platinum.

So I ordered an LP-S and an Ortofon Verto step-up transformer - looking forward to getting them
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #126 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopstretch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dinan, could you tell me what sets the Darkstar Reference apart from the regular version? I haven't been able to find much info (in English) on the Darkstars. Axiss doesn't even have them on their site yet.

The Reference has a second plinth and isolation feet. It is a sizable improvement over the standard version which is all very good. One must also add a good arm to the Reference to get it's full potential...I am using a Graham Phantom which is superb.

Nov 20, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #127 of 256
Quote:

So I ordered an LP-S and an Ortofon Verto step-up transformer - looking forward to getting them
biggrin.gif

Congrats...you will LOVE the LP S!
L3000.gif

Nov 21, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #128 of 256
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Look forward to your comments. Their trade in program is very good.

Nov 21, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #129 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look forward to your comments. Their trade in program is very good.

*VERY* good - 40% trade in credit on my L2 wood! Couldn't have swung it otherwise.

Nov 21, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #130 of 256
Please add me to the source owner's list:

MMF 5.1

Nov 21, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #131 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Reference has a second plinth and isolation feet. It is a sizable improvement over the standard version which is all very good. One must also add a good arm to the Reference to get it's full potential...I am using a Graham Phantom which is superb.

Thanks. I've heard a couple of different Transrotors and always enjoyed them. The Darkstar design is interesting.

Nov 21, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #132 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopstretch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. I've heard a couple of different Transrotors and always enjoyed them. The Darkstar design is interesting.

It is a VERY interesting design and gorgeous in person. This is my second Transrotor and one that I use exclusively for my headphone system (listening to it now with some 200gram Peter Gabrial action). The Transrotor Darkstar Ref, Clearaudio Innovation, and the Transrotor Tourbillon are my 3 favorite tables spanning the increasing price ranges. I will probably buy an Innovation with the TT2 linear tracking arm in the near future to use in my main system as I just set one up for a friend with a Koetsu Diamond cantilever cartridge and it is STUNNING. Not cheap at about $33K all-in but the performance is that of rigs at price points that are truly outrageous.

Nov 21, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #133 of 256
The Innovation Wood is a beauty. You have to give props to Clearaudio for having such a huge line of turntables and for trying to innovate at all price points. What do you think of the new Universal tonearm?

Jan 29, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #135 of 256
Clearaudio Innovation Compact AMG Wood Magnum (poor bix will be sold off).

My theory is, since both innovation and innovation compact have the motor mounted on the plinth (however isolated in some way?), the CMB is very, very effective.

I had looked at Ada Lin's airbearing MG3 but I don't have time to do a kit now although I was prepared to accommodate another air pump, maybe under the listening room. Cool table bu the clear audio is more proven and a better long term investment methinks.

In my search for a new table, I did come across about 3-4 demo ClearAudio tables in case anyone is interested. Avantegarde Magnum, Solution 30mm platter AMG Wood, and a Performance SE magnum, maybe one more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back