List of High-End Analog Source Owners on Head-Fi Continued
Nov 16, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #61 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately a Rega P3 does not qualify, as the retail price is below the minimum requirement of $1000 for the turntable only.

I am sure it sounds wonderful, and it certainly looks great....but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

But I've spend over 2500 on the turntable alone

Nov 16, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #63 of 256
Anyway thanks for the comments..I still say for the money my system is "high end".
I say that without even hearing an LP12, or anything else like VPI and all that, guess I'll know one day what hi end is

Nov 16, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #64 of 256
...and the more I think about it, the more I think "I don't know what I'm talking about, trying to convince this thread my system is hi end."
If I heard a VPI through my preamp and cans I'd probably be spewing and need to buy it.
Some deck with a cnc'ed plinth and ebay parts might be a good start, but seriously it's just a cobble together of expensive parts, that need not have the right synergy with each other just by chance, and it's only as good as it's bearing. I reckon the RB300 is a killer arm though, can definitely hear how much better it is than say the Mission 774LC arm I also own
This is gonna happen, I'm gonna get that itch, I just know it.
Would clearaudio be a step up?
I don't know what sort of bearing they have.
Bloody hell, I'm still only using the Airpax motor, can't be high end yet.
mid - mid/high, maybe.

Nov 18, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #65 of 256
As of tomorrow, I'm digging DEEP into the well and buying a new Transrotor 40/60/M. I'm going with the 3 motor version, which lists at $23,000 (obviously I'm not paying list, but it's still damned expensive). It's 88 pounds of aircraft grade aluminum (whatever that means) so if you don't like it, I can probably use it to kill you
evil_smiley.gif
. They have to custom mount my Dynavector arm, so no telling how soon I'll get it.

AXISS AUDIO - Transrotor Apollon 40/60/M

Nov 18, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #67 of 256
Sweet turntable! I must say, like vcoheda, every once in a while you just should do it. I think Nike had something behind that mentally for a while
biggrin.gif

I'm very pleased with my present rig, it's 95% of an Orbe, but if I ever get the cash, perhaps just after my kids go through undergrad, I'll drop the coin and get myself an SME 30 or one of those incredible Teres contraptions. Though that Transrotor should does give me pause!

Nov 18, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #68 of 256
Yeah, those Teres rigs have made me drool in public a couple times
wink.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #70 of 256
Oh my god, those Teres are beautiful! Has anyone here heard one?

Nov 18, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #71 of 256
Music Hall MMF-5.1

Nov 21, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #72 of 256
Kenwood KT-917 Tuner (modified)

Nov 21, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #74 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by SundayDuffer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shanling SCD-T200 SACD/CD Tube player.

No offense, but that is NOT an Analog Source Component
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back