List of High-End Analog Source Owners on Head-Fi Continued
Oct 6, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #31 of 256
Do DIY TT's count?

I have an ITVR
Ikea plinth
Teres motor
VPI (original) heavy platter and TNT mini-feet
Rega RB-250 tonearm (soon to be replaced with a 10 to 11" DIY unipivot - exact length not yet selected...)

The cartridge shown in the photos is my test cart (a grado REd with green stylus and longhonr and nude mods) but I have since put on my primary cart: a shelter 501mk2 with cinemag step-up-transformers and a Bottlehead seduction phono stage. I also have a DIY opamp (but with passive RIAA) phono stage that I designed, although the bottlehead sees more play-time.

Oct 6, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #32 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The table came in last evening. I wasn't home and my wife was a little overwhelmed by the number and size of the boxes. I had to order a special shelf since my current shelf wasn't wide enough but it's not due in for a couple of weeks.

IMG_0688.jpg

Congratulations on one awesome TT! For the custom shelf, did you order one from Mapleshade or Walker? That was the direction I went when I needed a custom shelf for my VPI Aries 3.

Can't wait to see some photos when you have the rig up and running!

Oct 6, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #34 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4N6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations on one awesome TT! For the custom shelf, did you order one from Mapleshade or Walker? That was the direction I went when I needed a custom shelf for my VPI Aries 3.

Can't wait to see some photos when you have the rig up and running!

I went with a 27"x21"x2" mrytle shelf from edenSound out of Vermont. It will have the equivalent of a threaded MapleShade heavyfoot on the four corners. I didn't like the thought of using only three.

IMG_0800.jpg

Oct 7, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #35 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And a question....What are the dimensions of the plinth ??

The plinth is about 14 3/4" square and 2 1/2" thick.

There is a cutout under the tonearm so that the rega mounting nut works. VTA can be adjusted although it is a bit of a PITA and definitely NOT on the fly...

Oct 7, 2008 at 9:46 AM Post #36 of 256
I have an Accuphase T-101 Tuner

Oct 20, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #40 of 256
Quote:

The table came in last evening. I wasn't home and my wife was a little overwhelmed by the number and size of the boxes. I had to order a special shelf since my current shelf wasn't wide enough but it's not due in for a couple of weeks.

IMG_0688.jpg

My platform came in today. Instead of the heavyfoot the manufacturer switch to myrtle footers with brass inserts that can be position anywhere. He was concerned with being sure everything was level and how the platform sat ontop of the existing shelf, which has caps on all four corners. The myrtle footers can be placed inside the caps for easier adjusting.

I hope to have a local dealer come over and set up the table, arm and cartridge this weekend.

IMG_0695.jpg

Oct 20, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #41 of 256
I see that you've listed Todd and I as owners of VPI-HRX. I believe there are at least 2 others: Ray Samuels and Oz from Let There Be Sound (he posts here on occasion but I don't know his username).

Oct 25, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #42 of 256
Quote:

IMG_0688.jpg

It appears I was a box short. I had the turntable installer from Glenn Poor Audio Video in Champaign come over to set up the table, arm and cartridge today and turns out the Super Platter is not in any of the three boxes so this is all that was done today. I have to track down where the Super Plater is.

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

Oct 25, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #43 of 256
My rig - Funk Firm Vector V / Roksan Nima arm with Nordost Heimdall cabling / Ortofon Rondo Bronze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back