List of High-End Analog Source Owners on Head-Fi Continued
Sep 21, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #16 of 256
I am working on buying one if I can get the stars to align just right.
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 22, 2008 at 8:28 AM Post #17 of 256
Rega P25 with Rega Exact.

A lot less highend but equally esential Rega Planar 78 with Rega RB78

Sep 23, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #21 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am working on buying one if I can get the stars to align just right.
bigsmile_face.gif

The stars aligned briefly tonight and I will be taking delivery of a VPI HRX with the RIM drive and Super Platter and Benz-Micro Ruby 3H in a week or so. I didn't start out looking to upgrade this much but came across a deal I couldn't pass on.

Sep 23, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #22 of 256
Quote:

The stars aligned briefly tonight and I will be taking delivery of a VPI HRX with the RIM drive and Super Platter and Benz-Micro Ruby 3H in a week or so. I didn't start out looking to upgrade this much but came across a deal I couldn't pass on.

Damn I guess ! NICE
tongue_smile.gif

To any and all- I will certainly account for inflation etc, when it comes to vintage TTs . So while your Garrards , Thorens , Rek-O-Kuts and so on cost relatively little "back then" , I very much consider them High-End.

And lets not forget the BIG Japanese DDs.

Post away and I will do my best to keep the thread updated.

Sep 23, 2008 at 1:03 PM Post #23 of 256
Team BIG Japanese DD!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

There is something about the combination of a big Japanese DD plus a low-output moving coil cartridge that is just SPECIAL.

Oct 4, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #26 of 256
Pro-Ject RM-10
Sumiko Blackbird and Blue Point Special EVO III
Speed Box SE II
Bel Canto Phono3

Sort of "value high-end", perhaps.

Oct 4, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #27 of 256
Quote:

The table came in last evening. I wasn't home and my wife was a little overwhelmed by the number and size of the boxes. I had to order a special shelf since my current shelf wasn't wide enough but it's not due in for a couple of weeks.

IMG_0688.jpg

Oct 5, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #28 of 256
@AA: Congrats! That's an investment in analog; did you buy the one on AudiogoN for $7k? -Tim

Oct 5, 2008 at 12:13 PM Post #29 of 256
I did buy it off Audiogon. However, this one was brand new, never out of the box with the Rim Drive and Super Platter.

Now I have to watch Michael Fremer's DVD several times to be sure I get it set up correctly to maximize its potential.

Oct 5, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #30 of 256
Wow that is one serious turntable! Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back