List of High-End Analog Source Owners on Head-Fi Continued
Mar 12, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #166 of 256
I will take your word for it - as I said, never heard either. I do like the LOOK of the Classic better than the Super Scoutmaster, though.

And for the record I *LOVE* my Scoutmatser
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #167 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopstretch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recently added a Pass XOno to the analog section. I like the sound and enjoy the loading flexibility.

Hopstretch, just wow man!
smily_headphones1.gif
That is one awesome setup you've put out. I've always been very curious about that Shelter 501 MKII. I understand it to be a fantastic cartridge. Can you share some thoughts on the sound of the Shelter?

I'm evaluating a second cartridge for my setup (Got a second JMW 12.5 armwand) and have a Ortofon Kontrapunkt B on loan from a good friend. I setup yesterday and am very impressed. A very laid back and beautiful sound. Very different from my Clearaudio Accurate which is a detail monster and much better sound with more detail at both extremes of the spectrum. The price difference between the two is substantial, but there is so much enjoyment in the different presentations.

Mar 13, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #168 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopstretch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recently added a Pass XOno to the analog section. I like the sound and enjoy the loading flexibility.

DSC_0226.jpg

Hopstretch, Hell I guess your new "Pass XOno" phono pre-amp is the "****" It's been highly rated........Questions from a Vinyl Tweeker.. 1)do you use a Record Clamp with your system??? 2) What values are you loading your XOno for to use with your "Shelter" ??? You Have to be proud as "PUNCH" of YOUR set up! Happy Listenin'

Mar 15, 2010 at 11:14 AM Post #170 of 256
nottingham analogue spacedeck with spacearm and heavy kit

Mar 19, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #174 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by k3oxkjo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EMT-938 with TSD-15
Goldmund Studio with Ortofon Jubilee
Lexicon RT-10 CD/SACD player

Good grief man! You cannot say things like that with showing us pics.

Mar 20, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #175 of 256
Oracle Delphi Mk IV (Brooks Berdan full upgrade); SME IV; Benz H2 Woodie.

Edit: Arcici Lead Balooon

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #176 of 256
In my speaker system; TW Acustic Raven AC, Dynavector DV507 MkII, Dynavector XV-1t, balanced Hovland phono cable to a custom balanced VA Whisper phono stage.

analog0387.jpg

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #177 of 256
That is one wicked looking deck!

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #178 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrikane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my speaker system; TW Acustic Raven AC, Dynavector DV507 MkII, Dynavector XV-1t, balanced Hovland phono cable to a custom balanced VA Whisper phono stage.

{{Gulp}}

Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back