List of bugs and suggestions for the new "Classified" section.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #46 of 124
Try removing the listing from your sig and putting it back. I did that with a review and it worked after I had changed the title to make it shorter.

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #47 of 124

Quote:
Try removing the listing from your sig and putting it back. I did that with a review and it worked after I had changed the title to make it shorter.

Thanks, tried that several times yesterday and the day before. I think it worked for me with a previous listing but not with this one for some reason. 

Nov 2, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #48 of 124

Quote:
Quote:
What I mean is, say I make a listing "Selling good music stuff" then change the title to "Selling good music stuff [Aus]" I get the option of both in the "Show stuff in my signature" selection.

Interesting. I changed the title of one of my FS listings and the change has not been reflected in my signature link three days later. Just went back to check if it got duplicated as I'd actually prefer that to not being able to make changes to the title of my listing at all.

I am looking into this one, guys.

Nov 4, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #49 of 124

Quote:
I am looking into this one, guys.

I am guessing this might be related - when I update a listing using the 'edit details' feature, only one of the thread titles changes:

Nov 8, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #50 of 124
Browsing returns to page 1 when viewing any classified ad on a page greater than than the first page. Selecting any of the navigation menus at top of page, bottom of page, Back to Forum:, or using the browser back button) returns the browser to page 1. It would be convenient to return back to the same page the ad appeared on.

Nov 14, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #53 of 124

Quote:

Also a lot of members are calling for the "bumping" issue to be looked at/resolved.

A suggestion for this: Have the default sort view of each FS section be "Update Date" instead of "Creation Date." That would still allow for "bumps" and would allow a bumped classified be updated. As is, I am manually doing this every time I browse to get the updated ones.

Also, I would like a way to view a member's items that are for sale. That would also allow a member to view their items for sale. I'm finding it hard to track down the listings of some of my items. (Unless there is a way to do this that I don't know about......)

Nov 18, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #54 of 124
There should be a rule that says you can't repost for 7 days. To clarify, if your thread is on the second page and you want to post a new one to get it to the front, you need to wait 7 days.

Nov 18, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #55 of 124

Quote:
There should be a rule that says you can't repost for 7 days. To clarify, if your thread is on the second page and you want to post a new one to get it to the front, you need to wait 7 days.

What about listing multiple items?

Nov 18, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #58 of 124

Quote:
Quote:
I think that would get fixed if there was a way to bump threads.

You can bump. Either edit the OP or post in the topic again. You need to sort by "Creation Date" if you want to sort by people bumping.

I automatically sort by "update date" now when i browse this section, but I imagine a large portion of users do not so.

Nov 18, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #59 of 124
I know that, you know that, Jude and Currawong know that. I've been talking to them and they are doing all they can to iron out the kinks of this new system.
So the appropriate people are well aware and are in the process of "fixing" it.

Nov 18, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #60 of 124
Quote:
I know that, you know that, Jude and Currawong know that. I've been talking to them and they are doing all they can to iron out the kinks of this new system.
So the appropriate people are well aware and are in the process of "fixing" it.

That is good to know. I have not seem them address the issue and I was starting worry that they have not fixed it because they do not consider it broken…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back