List of bugs and suggestions for the new "Classified" section.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2010 at 4:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 124

Hero Kid

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok I understand it has just been implemented and is probably still being worked on but - I'll list what bugs have been identified and what recommendations are made!

Identified Bugs:
  • When editing details for a second time, the previously saved details show up (aka. Not most recent save)
  • When editing the thread with the "Edit" button, the results are not mirrored in the "Edit Details" field. - Fixed
  • Clicking "Close Listing" doesn't actually close or remove the listing. Fixed
  • Edits to descriptions are not mirrored in list of listings - Fixed
  • Edited classified listing shown as a dupe in your "Show off stuff in your signature" list. 
  • PM button in classified ad does not work. Fixed
  • Missing "Create new thread" button in Headphones section. Fixed on 8/10/10
  • RSS Feed doesn't work.
  • Listings in signatures read "For Sale:" regardless of if they are Want to Buy or For Sale threads.

Suggestions:
  • Make the "Will Ship:" button read "Will Ship To:" - Added
  • Add an easier way to change the price (Not having to go through the 3 stages) - Added
  • Remove the stages of "Add image" and "Determine Price" from the "Edit Details" - Added
  • Add the full WYSIWYG editor to the initial listing details - Added
  • Add some way to easily change the listing to "Sold" or "Found" or the likes. - Added.
  • Add the ability to add additional currencies - or a currency. - Added
  • Add a feature to easily dictate if the price includes postage - and where. (eg. CONUS)
  • Add a way to remove an existing image. - Added
  • Make it easier to understand that clicking "Submit" when you first create your listing won't actually list it, but rather takes you to the next stage. - Added
  • Add the ability to dedicate a certain image as the gallery image. - Added
  • Actually write http://www.head-fi.org/wiki/buy-sell-trade-rules - Done
  • Addition of "Item Location" in the classifieds overview.
  • Separation of portable and full size 'phones. (eg. Headphones (full size) for sale/trade & Portable headphones and IEMs for sale/trade) - Being considered.
  • Possible ban of "IC" threads? - Jude said no (atm).
  • Add the default sort order (of classified threads) to our profile preferences.
  • Increase the character limit of feedback responses.
  • Add a link on the user page to view said users classified listings. - Added
  • Change the default sorting to "Update Date". This way bumps are noticed by default - like most systems. - Jude said no.
  • Assign a Mod to manually close sold/found listings if the OP does not.
  • One item per thread rule.
  • Add a "Preview" button for when you are creating a new classified listing.

Please note the above are in no particular order.

If you can think of anything to add either PM me of post it in this topic.
I will keep this first post updated!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #2 of 124
I absolutely LOVE the new layout. There will be bugs with anything new and I trust they will be ironed out in time. Your suggestions are pretty good and I hope they get implemented. 

Cheers Jude and co.

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:59 AM Post #5 of 124
You can't remove/change your picture or designate which one previews? This should be interesting but it's good that this effort was made I suppose. Having said that, I am not looking forward to listing my next item, it was confusing just to browse
confused.gif

Shockingly there are only five headphones listed for sale ATM, so I suppose that it will take some time for others as well. I looked at the create a listing options and have no idea how to post any images at all
frown.gif

And it is going to be a big bummer if we can't transfer our feedback from the archive to our new feedback threads
mad.gif

Oct 7, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #6 of 124
Quote:
Bugs?
America is NOT THE WORLD! Can't put a price in EUROS. A error message is displayed.
My feedback is back to ZERO! WHY? I've sold a lot of stuff in here, and it was 100% positive

I have made the suggestion to be able to add currencies other than the USD.
Also your feedback thread is still here but it is archived.  http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/363631/ruicanela
Your (and everyone elses) new feedback is just that, new. Over time you will gain more feedback in the new section - until then you still have your old feedback thread.

Oct 7, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #7 of 124

Quote:
I have made the suggestion to be able to add currencies other than the USD.
Also your feedback thread is still here but it is archived.  http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/363631/ruicanela
Your (and everyone elses) new feedback is just that, new. Over time you will gain more feedback in the new section - until then you still have your old feedback thread.

Our feedback is NOT NEW!  Now IS WRONG! My true feedback IS NOT ZERO IT'S 100% POSITIVE!
 What can't have a important role in a sell, don't you think so?

Oct 7, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #8 of 124
Rui: Everyone starts again with Zero feedback.  Just put the link to your old feedback in your sales or signature as you feel appropriate so people can see it.  In that regard, your feedback hasn't changed. 
smile.gif

Oct 7, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #9 of 124
My feedback is back to ZERO! WHY? I've sold a lot of stuff in here, and it was 100% positive!SUBMIT

That is a whole different discussion than the "Classified" sub-forum though.
wink.gif

Try this thread instead - http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/512471/head-fi-has-new-feedback-options

Oct 7, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #11 of 124
when you hit the pm button in the classified ad and try to post a pm an error comes up saying the body is blank even though it has words in it.  PMs don't seem to work.

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #14 of 124

Quote:
Not sure it is me or not but I can not create new thread on headphones forum, it is missing the create new thread button.  The other for sales forum are fine.

I have that as well and only affecting the headphones section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back