LISA III Available for Order
Apr 29, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #1,051 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by TranceDude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does Lisa III pair with Westone UM3X? Especiallly interested in reaction to bass boost etc.

Thank you

Very sensitive IEM's tend to have audible HISS from the LISA III. I do not know if UM3X are very sensitive? But if they are you will be able to hear the constant hiss in the background.

Apr 30, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #1,052 of 1,070
I have four portable setups.

The one with the LisaIII is an iMod, PV-Cap to Lisa III. I have used my JH13Pros with this set up and the punchiness and beauty of the three channel is all appreciated, but the noise floor is too high for me. LisaIII was never designed to be IEM amp. It sings with Ed9 and D7000 though.

The H120 to D10 has lower noise floor for IEM as does my H140 to Sonosax SX DA-2. They are my audiophile portable set ups for IEM. iPhone 3GS to IEM still rocks for noise floor and punch in many circumstances though.

In short, I wouldn't design a portable setup for IEM with Lisa III unless it was low sensitivity or high impedance.

I would use the LisaIII for mid or full size phones though. It can make Porta Pros and P5's perform but is overkill for them really.

Just my experience and thoughts.

Sceptre

May 26, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #1,053 of 1,070
Just wanted to inquire about the manufacturer service and response times ; I have sent an email but got no response so far..
frown.gif

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #1,059 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry Flashbak,

When I order the amp, does it come with an adaptor? or I have to order from elsewhere?

Just want to jam in here. The LISA III will NOT come with an adaptor. You will have to buy your own, or use one of your existing regulated 24V DC supply with the right plug. I have tried the PSR (the power supply designed by Phil for the Pocket Reference II) and it works well, though I am not sure if it has the sufficient power to charge the Expedition within reasonable time.

If you decide the LISA III is the right amp for you, I would highly recommend you get the LISA LAB POWER (LLP) PSU which was designed with the LISA III in mind, and according to Phil, his best PSU design to-date. The LLP is universal voltage. Since it use standard 2.5mm centre positive plugs, you will also find it useful in other applicables, as long as current draw is less than 500mA (which is quite a lot).

F. Lo

Ok, I have found an old adaptor in my home as below:

Does this means that with the red dot below, it is center positive ?:

which means I can just swap the positive and the negative as per the picture below:

Any comment and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jan 4, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #1,060 of 1,070
I haven't been on here in ages, sold my older Lisa a while back but checking out this new one.  Longer lasting battery and included charger is the newest news I found so far.  Has anyone tried the newest "30 hour Lisa" yet?  I'm dying to know how well it does.

Thanks!

popcorn.gif

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #1,061 of 1,070
I haven't been on here in ages, sold my older Lisa a while back but checking out this new one.  Longer lasting battery and included charger is the newest news I found so far.  Has anyone tried the newest "30 hour Lisa" yet?  I'm dying to know how well it does.

Thanks!

:popcorn:  

Which Lisa Amp is this that you mean ?

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #1,062 of 1,070
Hello John,

If you go to Triad Audio's website, they list a new one right on the front page "New 30 Hour Lisa" is now available.  30 hours sounds pretty good.  I was wondering if anyone's purchased one yet and what the results were.  

Thanks,
k701smile.gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #1,064 of 1,070
  didn't know about it.  30 hours?  i guess no more excuse.  if nothing change(as the website says), it's simply, easily the best portable amp.  i'm going to get it.

Yep that's for the new version, its a bigger li-on battery pack

Just a note it comes with its own 16.5vdc battery charger, you'll be doing the majority of your listening with the battery pack, its my go to amp for work and on the go. The L3 has been dead silent with or without battery use, when plugged into my Etymotic ER4P's, i can't speak for other IEMs but for my purposes its been perfect. 

If you have the older version that uses the 24vdc power supply of the L3 or Lisa3, and don't want to opt for the $$ accompanying lab power, Jameco sells a cheap Linear Regulated PSU that works very well.
http://www.jameco.com/1/1/2670-dfu240050d3030-ac-dc-regulated-linear-wall-adapter.html

These amps have been wonderful for the many years i've used them, I can't add more about what already has been said about the sound previously, its a portable amp that sounds like a desktop amp. Taking it to the meets, elicit a lot of oooh and ahhhs from other headfiers that otherwise thought that such a small amp would have issues with their power hungry headphones, its never been the case, I continue to enjoy its sonic attributes even after to listening to much more expensive gear, I never get the feeling I'm missing out :) 

Have Fun All !

-Serg 

Jan 8, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #1,065 of 1,070
i actually heard l3 and lisa (was it 3?  i don't remember, older version) few times.  very good amp.  the only thing holding me back was the size, didn't think i would bring an amp with me(i am now).  and the battery life(5 hours with 2 9v battery?).  it sound great with headphones, and also ciems(also dead silent).   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back