LISA III Available for Order
May 21, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #886 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am just curious to know, can LISA III works without battery and just powered by the LLP.

To my knowledge, once an external power supply is plugged-in it takes over to power the amp directly and at the same time charge the batteries.

So, if the above is correct, then yes, the LISA III should work without the battery. But I didn't tried.

F. Lo

May 21, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #887 of 1,070
So I can safely assumes that by removing the batteries will not affect the SQ of the amp. May try this out once I have my order fulfilled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To my knowledge, once an external power supply is plugged-in it takes over to power the amp directly and at the same time charge the batteries.

So, if the above is correct, then yes, the LISA III should work without the battery. But I didn't tried.

F. Lo

May 21, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #888 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I can safely assumes that by removing the batteries will not affect the SQ of the amp. May try this out once I have my order fulfilled.

Once an external power is plugged in, the SQ of the amp will be dictated by the quality of that d.c. power. If a LLP is plugged in, actually I would expect slight improvement in the SQ given the very high quality of d.c. and higher voltage that can be made availalbe to the amp.

But if one plugs in a so-so wallmart the quality of d.c. will be hardly as good as battery supply and so the SQ will suffer.

F. Lo

May 21, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #889 of 1,070
It will be a no no for me to go without a LLP unless Brad don't intend to make it available to general public anymore. I am still counting days to see th Buy Now Button.

Quote:

Once an external power is plugged in, the SQ of the amp will be dictated by the quality of that d.c. power. If a LLP is plugged in, actually I would expect slight improvement in the SQ given the very high quality of d.c. and higher voltage that can be made availalbe to the amp.

But if one plugs in a so-so wallmart the quality of d.c. will be hardly as good as battery supply and so the SQ will suffer.

F. Lo

May 21, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #890 of 1,070
In case some are still wondering about which power supply to get, at the suggestion of Brad I got myself an Igo universal power supply and it works perfectly on my LisaIII with cherry wood face plates!

On top of it, I can use this same Igo to charge all my other goodies instead of having a separate supply for each toy.

I don't use it to listen, I just plug it in the LisaIII to recharge the batteries. When I did listen I felt it added a bit of noise so I didn't bother listening extensively, I'm perfectly happy with the sound produced by the battery operation.

May 27, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #892 of 1,070
The Firestone Power supply seems to be perfect for our LISA.

URL%5D

img249.imageshack.us

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #893 of 1,070
Hi,

Any news on availability of Lisa XP and PSU?

Thanks

Jul 5, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #896 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by basman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What happen to TA now?

Sounds like they are getting prepared for a new product - the NEW Headcode.

TriadAudio.net Forums • View topic - HeadCode Waiting List

And it is more than one product - there is also the NEW ValveCode coming - the same cascode topology but using tubes and transformers instead of solid state components.....

TriadAudio.net Forums • View topic - ValveCode is born!! OMG 4:20 am 18 June 2008 20 LBS

Guess they are real busy right now.

F. Lo

Jul 5, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #897 of 1,070
I just checked the TriadAudio forum and note the following posted by Brad :

Quote:

Re: Would like to buy a Lisa III...
by Remitrom on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:58 am

We have some units trickling in Now! Not all colors or models are available.
I will be PM ing those of you who have posted your desires on this thread.

If you have not posted and are looking forward to having Lisa for yourself, Do Post.
as priority will be given in the order of posts submitted. Brad
Remitrom

So for those who want one I think it is better to post at the TriadAudio forum.

There thread is

TriadAudio.net Forums • View topic - Would like to buy a Lisa III...

F. Lo

Jul 5, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #898 of 1,070
Is that the end of Lisa? really sad coz I just finished reading this thread and I'm already infected. by the way its already 3 am in here.

Jul 5, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #899 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by basman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that the end of Lisa? really sad coz I just finished reading this thread and I'm already infected. by the way its already 3 am in here.

I think the LISA will remain as an affordable, good value high end headphone amp in the foreseeable future.

The new Headcode and Valvecode will be the ultra-high-end bleed that is going to be in a different class quite distant from the LISA.

And yes, it is 2:00 a.m. at my location. Time for bed
smily_headphones1.gif

F. Lo

Jul 5, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #900 of 1,070
Quote:

I think the LISA will remain as an affordable, good value high end headphone amp in the foreseeable future.

The new Headcode and Valvecode will be the ultra-high-end bleed that is going to be in a different class quite distant from the LISA.

And yes, it is 2:00 a.m. at my location. Time for bed
smily_headphones1.gif

F. Lo

Thanks for the update Chief. just sent an email to Brad for the Lisa and LLP hope to receive positive reply.

The new amps from triad, would it be available in balanced configuration?

Thanks a lot. got to sleep also.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back