LISA III Available for Order
Jan 17, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #736 of 1,070
Well I know plugging in my ER-4P's there is hiss and there is not much volume adjustment available, but I am getting my apuresound Ety cable in the ER-4S configuration so I can also give feedback on it.(I have my LLP coming today.
biggrin.gif
)

Jan 17, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #738 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidtripwow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems like there is a problem with IEMs so I think I'm going to stay away. Thanks for the feedback.

Well, I disagree! I'm using UE11's and have not heard any hiss at all with the Lisa. Now, I don't listen to classical or jazz or other music that may have very soft parts, but I just have never experienced the hiss others complain about.

Jan 18, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #739 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBlues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I disagree! I'm using UE11's and have not heard any hiss at all with the Lisa. Now, I don't listen to classical or jazz or other music that may have very soft parts, but I just have never experienced the hiss others complain about.

I have heard this from one other person as well. I'll do some experiments and see what I can find. Also, I know some people got their gain customized. Normally I believe its set to 11. Could yours maybe be different?

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #741 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBlues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt mine is anything other than stock, at least I didn't request anything other than stock.

I wouldn't worry, the other person I know who claims this also has stock. I have the standard version. He said it was the vCap dock that cleared the hiss with the UE11 for him (bolardito). I have yet to experience this, yet I hear that certain interconnects can lower the noise floor (maybe those ALO LISA III vCap RCA?).

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #742 of 1,070
Mana - again, I don't think so! I haven't yet used my vcap with the Lisa. I've been using a somewhat generic copper cable with an iMod connector and hear no hiss. (fwiw I received an Ag/Au iMod dock from ALO today and am off to try it soon.)

In general I've read posts by others complaining of hiss with various IEMs and various amps, notably the PRII. I've used both ES2s and UE11s with my iMod and numerous amps and have never heard any hiss at all. Amps I've personally owned include Tomahawk, SR-71, Move, iQube, Pico, PRII and Lisa.

Jan 18, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #743 of 1,070
Well with the ER-4P paired with the Lisa/imod/vcap dock there is hiss but, it is only audible when there is no music playing.(I did not get a chance to listening to something that had a real quiet section) There is not a lot of room for adjustment in the volume, so it is recommended to keep that in mind.(The range that is there is good, it is more of a precaution about turning the knob a lot more that one would realize and it would just be ridiculously loud)

Jan 19, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #746 of 1,070
Any idea how long this thing needs to charge for before getting the full 7 hours portable time. I left it charging for about 5 hours with a WM080-1950-760 and the charge ran out in minutes???

Jan 19, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #750 of 1,070
It works plugged in to the walwart- so the connection is good. I charged it all morning after letting it burn in last night and played it this afternoon w/o plug and it went dead very quickly. I think it is too soon to be concerned. I will charge it again and see what happens.

In other news, it sounds great, really great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back