LISA III Available for Order
Jan 19, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #751 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It works plugged in to the walwart- so the connection is good. I charged it all morning after letting it burn in last night and played it this afternoon w/o plug and it went dead very quickly. I think it is too soon to be concerned. I will charge it again and see what happens.

In other news, it sounds great, really great.

Are you sure the batteries are connected? I had the same problem with my PRII, a slight knock had dislodged the batteries. Even though it appeared it was charging (all the lights were on) it really was not.

Jan 19, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #752 of 1,070
Let me ask this... if it is plugged in (and supposedly charging) but not switched on will there be any lights on? Mine is plugged in right now but turned off and there is no indicator light.

Jan 20, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #753 of 1,070
Quote:

Any idea how long this thing needs to charge for before getting the full 7 hours portable time. I left it charging for about 5 hours with a WM080-1950-760 and the charge ran out in minutes???

What I have read is it take around 15 hours to fully charge it.

Quote:

Let me ask this... if it is plugged in (and supposedly charging) but not switched on will there be any lights on? Mine is plugged in right now but turned off and there is no indicator light.

I have mine plugged in to my LLP right now and with the LLP and lisa tured off there is no indicator light on.

Jan 20, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #755 of 1,070
Pangea, it sounds like one of your batteries are bad, or the charging voltage might be too low. What wallwart do you use? Stabilized or not? Have you measured it? Did it ever give a good charge?

Regarding noise talked about above, AD744 used in this amp is a very noisy opamp, but it's very good in many other ways.

Jan 20, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #756 of 1,070
^ Thanks for all the comments guys, unfort. I think something is wrong. I am not much of a DIYer so I am not sure what is going on. I charged it last night for at least 15 hours using a ELPAC WM080-1950-760. With it plugged in it works fine. But once I unplug it I get less than 2 songs worth of juice. Do you think it is the actual batteries or the connection to the batteries?

Jan 20, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #757 of 1,070
Quote:

It works plugged in to the walwart- so the connection is good. I charged it all morning after letting it burn in last night and played it this afternoon w/o plug and it went dead very quickly. I think it is too soon to be concerned. I will charge it again and see what happens.

In other news, it sounds great, really great.

I don't know. Most, if not all, LISA owners loves the sound, but some are having issues with the battery, charger, play time.... etc.

Just want to check with you folks if it is a good idea to convince Phil to come up with a "Home" version of LISA - I am pretty sure this will sent another benchmark for AC powered "home" or "desktop" amps.

Let's discuss.

F. Lo

Jan 20, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #758 of 1,070
Quote:

^ Thanks for all the comments guys, unfort. I think something is wrong. I am not much of a DIYer so I am not sure what is going on. I charged it last night for at least 15 hours using a ELPAC WM080-1950-760. With it plugged in it works fine. But once I unplug it I get less than 2 songs worth of juice. Do you think it is the actual batteries or the connection to the batteries?

If the LISA plays when it is plugged-in the ELPAC should be working alright ( there may be a shift in output voltage but should not be to that extent that its fails to charge).

It is pretty obvious the battery did not get charged properly. Either (a) the battery is bad, (b) the battery connection is not making proper contact, or (c) the charging circuit is bad. What else are the possibilities ?

Looks like safe bet is to get help from TriadAudio.

F. Lo

Jan 20, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #760 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is pretty obvious the battery did not get charged properly. Either (a) the battery is bad, (b) the battery connection is not making proper contact, or (c) the charging circuit is bad. What else are the possibilities ?

Looks like safe bet is to get help from TriadAudio.

F. Lo

I agree with all this. It should be easy enough to take the cover off the amp and see if the batteries are making contact, even I, sort of an all thumbs type (non-DYI!) can do this. This would easily rule (b) above in or out. If the batteries seem snug, while the case is open you could put some regular old 9 volt batteries in and see if the Lisa plays for more than 2 songs - no need to put the cover back on while you are doing this test. If the amp does play for a few hours+ then I think you could assume the re-chargeable batteries are bad. Adding new re-chargeables would be the next step. If they charge up and hold the charge you are back in business. If the new batteries don't work I guess it means the charging circuit is bad and professional assistance is needed.

Jan 21, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #762 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know. Most, if not all, LISA owners loves the sound, but some are having issues with the battery, charger, play time.... etc.

Just want to check with you folks if it is a good idea to convince Phil to come up with a "Home" version of LISA - I am pretty sure this will sent another benchmark for AC powered "home" or "desktop" amps.

Let's discuss.

F. Lo

I second this notion

Jan 21, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #764 of 1,070
Yes to all of those, and how about keep the bass contour, but also add a L/R balance control?

Jan 21, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #765 of 1,070
May be I should add universal voltage, or at least 110 / 220 / 240 V user selectable AC input voltage ? and IEC power socket so that we can try power cords of our own choice ?

F. Lo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back