Linsoul x 7HZ x Crinacle Salnotes Dioko Product Launch
Jul 10, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #61 of 95
Did they fix the filter problem? Want to order them on aliexpress but I'm not sure if I would get fixed product or the wrong one.
FWIW, crinacle had three separate tweets regarding the issue:

We've stopped all production until these issues are fully rectified, but we also understand that some units (roughly 150+) have already been sent out and we have no way of confirming if these units have the right meshes installed.

For these early buyers, you will be receiving a replacement pack of the correct filters, stencils, tweezers, and replacement instructions. I deeply apologise to all those affected and we are now taking extra steps to ensure that this will never happen again for future batches.

Only orders that have already shipped out are affected. Future batches should be fully rectified.

Seems like you should be okay!

Jul 10, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #63 of 95
Review compares the Dioko to PI Max, Timeless, Shuoer S12, and RAPTGO Hook-X. Very favorable review. Does mention that Timeless fits his ears better than the Dioko.

Jul 11, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #65 of 95
I got mine in today and it looks like it suffers from the "wrong filter" issue. The amount of treble is absolutely overwhelming. Far more than even the KZ DQ6 (with the treble peaks and all).

I sent an email to Linsoul support, so hopefully I can get it fixed.

In the meantime - does anyone know what filters they SHOULD have?

Jul 11, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #66 of 95
I got mine in today and it looks like it suffers from the "wrong filter" issue. The amount of treble is absolutely overwhelming. Far more than even the KZ DQ6 (with the treble peaks and all).

you can see a video they made and compare yours to that one. how early did you order? are you in the US?

Jul 13, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #67 of 95
tempImageSBfkmI.jpg

I got my set in a couple of days ago, and I hope that these are part of the tuning issue batch. They sound very, very thin. They are very fast and resolving to my ears, but they just do not sound.... complete.

I will say that they do sound larger than one would think from an iem... it almost reminds me of the MDR-EX800st/EX1000 presentation of stage and width. They fit my ears pretty well, but I could see how these may not fit everyone... especially if you have smaller concha.

I know that Crinacle stated that anyone who received a version would be also getting a new 'tuning' kit with included instructions.... let's see if that's actually the case. If this is the tuning that I am stuck with, then I will just return them. I don't want to be overly negative here, as I can see how with the correct tuning that these could be a heck of a great set of iems.

There's no bass impact at all... almost like they roll-off at like 200hz and just keep tanking from that point.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #68 of 95
I've been playing around with the Dioko. Thought I asked for 4.4 mm but it came 3.5. With the stock cable, 3.5mm, I decided it was not for me so I put on a simple 4.4mm Faaeal Copper Cable. I never use stock tips and put L Spiral Dots on immediately.
Bass and the husky voice of Francoise Hardy enough. Ambitionz Az a Ridah, 2Pac, bass is just enough, not as bad as I'd been led to believe. May be best to get a copper cable on it. Through the 3.5mm of my Cayin R6 amp, not great, but with the 4.4mm Copper Faaeal cable and L Spiral Dot's very enjoyable. They need some juice, like my other planars, to be at their best and shine. So 4.4mm is a must to me. Spiral Dot's and a 4.4 mm copper cable gave the bass some room to show itself. 'Bubbles' by Yosi Horikawa, good stage, fairly holographic. Now for 100 hours burn-in. A long way to go but there is something nice about the sound. My set don't seem to have any treble glare.

Jul 13, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #69 of 95
Listening to Patti Smith with the Dioko. Smells Like Teen Spirit starts with a great bass line which the Dioko does well. There is a minor amount of glare with her voice, but this track does that with all my IEMs. Using an IMR 2.5mm copper balanced cable, L Spiral Dots. This time I'm using the Hidizs S9 Pro dongle with 2.5mm balanced. This has plenty of power for the Dioko and brings them alive. I don't see much wrong with the bass at all with that combination. I'm quite impressed with them. I would suggest trying different set ups to find the most suitable. I like them.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #70 of 95

they should have denser foam that lowers down the upper mids by 3db, as seen in this video

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 4:41 AM Post #72 of 95
Listening to Patti Smith with the Dioko. Smells Like Teen Spirit starts with a great bass line which the Dioko does well. There is a minor amount of glare with her voice, but this track does that with all my IEMs. Using an IMR 2.5mm copper balanced cable, L Spiral Dots. This time I'm using the Hidizs S9 Pro dongle with 2.5mm balanced. This has plenty of power for the Dioko and brings them alive. I don't see much wrong with the bass at all with that combination. I'm quite impressed with them. I would suggest trying different set ups to find the most suitable. I like them.
I've decided to burn in as I use the Dioko. Firstly, if you get a good seal and the right tip the bass is fine. Of course doing side by side comparisons (which I will eventually do with the S12) may get the judgmental brain going, so I want to give the DioKo a couple of weeks of sole use to see how much I like it......or not. So I'm using it through the Hidizs S9 Pro dongle...which has plenty of 2.5mm balanced power. So the stock Dioko cable is put aside and a 2.5mm copper cable substituted. L Spiral Dots are the Tips I'm using. Sibelius Violin concerto, Philarmonia, Adrian Justus violin, has good note thickness on violins with nice timbre on strings. Separation is good. I don't know if I've got the original or the the version of the Dioko with the newer foam. The highs are acceptable to me, but I am a little older and like edge in my treble. On Wolf Totem by The HU, the Planar quality of textured drum skins comes through, with enough slam to satisfy. Bass seems fine in it's slam, even mid bass.....BUT it took me a while to get the perfect seal and Concha fit to experience that. To my ears 3.5mm is a waste of time as the bass is diluted. My Hidizs S9 Pro has plenty of power to get some bass squeezed out of the Dioko. Very musical set....so far.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #73 of 95
First impressions are good. It's got a thinner midrange than I might like . But the sub bass is spectacular. Imaging is great, separation is crazy and above all female vocals and treble is crazy crystal clear. Ambient sounds and air is crazy good. I wish make vocals had a bit more meat but clarity is off the charts compared to anything under 150. Sub bass is best I've heard under 500. Need to play with tips for more.

Jul 14, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #74 of 95
For those with the Dioko the track following is a great test of that place between sub-bass and mid-bass. When it gets you, you've got the right place between the seal and g-spot. You will need the wick turned up on it. The Dioko does have the capability for bass. You'll need to listen right through to get the recommended dose.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #75 of 95
Got mine today.. the stock tips do not seal well for me, but I swapped to the orange and blues and the bass was improved a ton. I’m new to IEMs, so I’m forever swapping tips trying to decide what I like and don’t like. Overall I’m happy with them, they sound much better than my Chu’s so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back