Limited, wooden portable ATH-ESW10JPN arrives! (with pics)
Dec 5, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #1,576 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audiocubes is selling the ES10 now for $549. Yikes.

yeah, thats the shocker..they are not even limited edition and they cost about the same as JPNs...

I am so glad I ended up returning the UE-5s that I had bought at the time and get the esw10's instead..
o2smile.gif

Dec 5, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #1,577 of 1,717
Hmm yeah I've done some research and it looks like it isn't worth it to get the ES10 at all.

I'll hold out until one pops up on the forums, hopefully it won't be too long until that happens.

Dec 11, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #1,580 of 1,717
Well, now that I've settled down on an amp (WA6), I've been thinking that my (most likely) final headphone purchase would be a woodie, and have been debating between esw9/10jpn and RS-1 for like forever... Was leaning more towards RS-1 before I read a few comments by HPA and others on how they actually prefer the esw10jpn over RS-1... not to mention that I'm very fond of mids/bass quality and not so much of the treble (as long as it has adequate sparkle)... think SE530's and HD650's. I've gotten a good taste of the ES range with the ES7 that I have (and love), so I have a feeling I'd love the 10's. Prices seem to be about the same so I'm in bit of a bind here... with my equipment (Pico->WA6), which would be a better choice, RS-1 or ESW10JPN (or perhaps even ESW9, which are more easy to acquire)? Hmmm.

Obentou, if I may kindly ask... if you ever have the spare time to meet up I'd love to try your ESW10's out sometime.
tongue.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #1,581 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, now that I've settled down on an amp (WA6), I've been thinking that my (most likely) final headphone purchase would be a woodie, and have been debating between esw9/10jpn and RS-1 for like forever... Was leaning more towards RS-1 before I read a few comments by HPA and others on how they actually prefer the esw10jpn over RS-1... not to mention that I'm very fond of mids/bass quality and not so much of the treble (as long as it has adequate sparkle)... think SE530's and HD650's. I've gotten a good taste of the ES range with the ES7 that I have (and love), so I have a feeling I'd love the 10's. Prices seem to be about the same so I'm in bit of a bind here... with my equipment (Pico->WA6), which would be a better choice, RS-1 or ESW10JPN (or perhaps even ESW9, which are more easy to acquire)? Hmmm.

Obentou, if I may kindly ask... if you ever have the spare time to meet up I'd love to try your ESW10's out sometime.
tongue.gif

RS-1 on the WA6 sound really good, and you can tune them to have more bass and mids and less treble by using flat pads, and they will sound better than the HD650 and SE530, with a similar balance. You could always buy my set of APS V3 cabled RS-1, but they cost extra because of the cable that gives them better detail and transparency...
tongue.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 10:00 AM Post #1,583 of 1,717
My pair finally arrived in the mail yesterday, after buying them from Bojamijams. In absolute perfect shape, these beauties. On having listened to them for an hour with allsorts of music I was amazed by their versatility. Classical music sounds as good as rock to me which was surprising. These babies are definately going to stick with me for a long time
atsmile.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #1,584 of 1,717
^ Lol, I shoulda pm'ed him a day earlier. When I got to him he already sold them to you.

It was the best deal for me since I could pick them up locally, but meh.

Good to hear that they sound excellent to you... should be the same story for me

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #1,585 of 1,717
K_19,

I've heard both the ESW9 and the ESW10s. The ESW10s are fuller, sound more open and have better detail. I was shocked at how different the two cans were. So I had to get them
biggrin.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #1,586 of 1,717
Finally got my ESW10JPN's.

...and I don't even know why I sold them in the first place. Geez, I won't make the same mistake again!

Need to get used to the sound sig again, but boy, are these detailed. Just in time for Christmas
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #1,588 of 1,717
Well, just wanted to say that I've joined the club.
smily_headphones1.gif
(thanks Chris!)

This is easily the best unamped cans I've ever tried. The soundstage is impressive for a closed can, every part of the sound is VERY well controlled (almost like armatures), and best of all... the SE530 mids which has stood to me as the best mids even after countless new IEM's/headphones... has officially been dethroned.
biggrin.gif
Best. Mids. Eva.

Amped with my WA6, it takes it up another notch. I would easily put this in the same class as my HD650, with similar balance but with better mids but less weight in bass. Detailing and smoothness is about the same IMO. The level of detailing doesn't match my RS1 or K701 and it doesn't give a lifelike on-stage performance like the RS1/flats combo, but otherwise, these stand toe-to-toe with my other headphones, easily.

Easily worth the money.

Jan 22, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #1,589 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, just wanted to say that I've joined the club.
smily_headphones1.gif
(thanks Chris!)

This is easily the best unamped cans I've ever tried. The soundstage is impressive for a closed can, every part of the sound is VERY well controlled (almost like armatures), and best of all... the SE530 mids which has stood to me as the best mids even after countless new IEM's/headphones... has officially been dethroned.
biggrin.gif
Best. Mids. Eva.

Amped with my WA6, it takes it up another notch. I would easily put this in the same class as my HD650, with similar balance but with better mids but less weight in bass. Detailing and smoothness is about the same IMO. The level of detailing doesn't match my RS1 or K701 and it doesn't give a lifelike on-stage performance like the RS1/flats combo, but otherwise, these stand toe-to-toe with my other headphones, easily.

Easily worth the money.

I once said they were kind of a cross between my HD600 and RS-1, the smooth rich sound combined with detail and forwardness. Still one of my favorite closed headphones, next to my LA7000, and beat my modded re-cabled A900 which also don't suck.

Jan 22, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #1,590 of 1,717
Hey,

Does anyone have a source for replacement pads for the ESW10JPN? I've got some loose seams and would like to have some spares just in case.

thanks and best,

o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back