Limited, wooden portable ATH-ESW10JPN arrives! (with pics)
Jul 26, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #1,531 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by m3guy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed him regarding the ESW10JPN. Unless he typoed on the USD vs SGD the price he is charging is not reasonable. I replied to his last email in regards to that and I hope he meant SGD instead of USD. At least we would be back down to a reasonable amount.

I got my pair with the HPP5 case for $527USD shipped from jithk btw. And I think most people paid <$600 USD for theirs. I would not expect prices to jump 70% in one month, even if they sold out.

I just got email confirmation from Wilson that the price was in fact USD, at least 75% more than what I paid with the case for just the headphones

I have to say that Wilson's prices in general are far too high. And he bundles them with his in-house stuff. Which are really very poorly built. I would avoid jaben unless left with utterly no choice.

Jul 26, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #1,534 of 1,717
Not really. I paid around 525. Some got them for less but many paid around 500 to a little more.

Jul 29, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #1,535 of 1,717
I believe I paid $576 with shipping a few months ago.

Jul 31, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #1,537 of 1,717
is this thread still active? ive pretty much decided on getting the esw10jpns but how many of you guys actually use them as portables? i have fallen in love with the 10s but i dont know if i should get them because they are so damn hot looking and im afraid that everyday usage on my way to work will damage them or ill get mugged haha..

and does anyone know yesasia.com? theyre selling them on that website and i was wondering how reliable they are. the description clearly states that they are esw10jpns but the picture is the esw9.. i thought that was a little fishy. :/

Jul 31, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #1,539 of 1,717
Read through portions of this thread and I was interested if anyone owned a pair of MD5000's and could give me an impression how they compare ot each other. Looking to pickup something to listen to while at work and home and it looks like it is coming down to the ESW10's and MD5000's (only pad mod).

I do not have an amp or DAC yet but those will be my next purchases following the headphones so that is something to consider as well.

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #1,540 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am still of the opinion that this is the best headphone under a grand and still the best portable headphone (not counting iem though).

Just take care of it and it'll last

Did you try the ED8 ?

Jul 31, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #1,542 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't call the ED8 is a portable headphone. Moreover, it's one of the ugliest headphones I've ever seen, so I don't want to wear it outside.

This^

and there are people who think ED8< ED9 in overall SQ.. and many who think ESW10JPN>ED9 so .. you can see how the math works out

Aug 5, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #1,543 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am still of the opinion that this is the best headphone under a grand and still the best portable headphone (not counting iem though).

x2, my pair of ESW10JPN are still on sale but to be honest I think that I will keep them and instead I will put my HF-2 on sale..

Aug 6, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #1,544 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2, my pair of ESW10JPN are still on sale but to be honest I think that I will keep them and instead I will put my HF-2 on sale..

Interesting!

Well it makes me feel better about not jumping on a pair of HF2's, anyway...

Aug 6, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #1,545 of 1,717
Probably needs money, I would never sell either. HF-2s are magnificent and the ESW10 is my bedroom travel can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back