Limited, wooden portable ATH-ESW10JPN arrives! (with pics)
Apr 30, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #1,291 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really hope the Edition 8 will be an improvement from the 9 because I really like the closed, big-bass sound that comes from these Ultrasones.

x2, I hope that the Edition 8 will have the mids of the ESW10JPN and the bass of the Edition 9.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #1,292 of 1,717
I just orderd mine tonight! had them put an extra box its coming from hong kong. they have a labor day tomorrow so they cant ship til tuesday when they will have it from the Audio Technica. But he said he would check the twistties and send me a picture of the wood to make sure its not messed up. I thought since I paid tonight I might get them friday! but NO LUCK so here comes the waiting another week.
frown.gif

May 1, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #1,295 of 1,717
I ordered mine from ebay. But the stock is extremely extremely low now. So pricejapan (my first order attempt) cancelled mine and said that its not available. So unless you get VERY lucky or goto japan to a physical store, ebay is the only answer.

May 1, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #1,296 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by CooLy_oNE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you guys ordered it? It's out of stock everywhere..and I do not want to buy such an expensive item on ebay....

I found mine on eBay, they're shipping right now. It really seems like the last resort, stock's gone everywhere else as far as I can tell. I searched the user ID of the eBay seller here and found positive feedback in some posts- that might help, it made me feel better at least.

I'm also in the middle of another transaction with Kuboten, and so far I can highly recommend them. Very responsive.

May 1, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #1,297 of 1,717
how much does hifilight charge for opamps would it be hard to order all the ones he says work? to test what I like? are they more than $5-$10 each?

May 1, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #1,298 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how much does hifilight charge for opamps would it be hard to order all the ones he says work? to test what I like? are they more than $5-$10 each?

I think for this question you are in the wrong thread. I would just email HiFlight.

May 1, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #1,299 of 1,717
Has anyone tried the Audio Technica DAC/AMP HD25D the blue light one. I can't find any real reviews. But I wonder if it has synergy like the grado ra1 does?

May 3, 2009 at 10:08 AM Post #1,303 of 1,717
i think its perfect for people who want a "hybrid" between a full sized headphone and iem

its a real looker.. but doesnt pack as enough punch as a full sized can, nor does it have as much isolation as an iem

May 3, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #1,305 of 1,717
Yeah, the lack of seal does take away a bit of engagement in a way... But in a quiet room, these phones are very lively and pack a great "punch" IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back