Limited, wooden portable ATH-ESW10JPN arrives! (with pics)
Oct 26, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #197 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you saying that you got both an ESW9 and a ESW10 in the same box by accident, or are you saying they both came in the same type packaging?
If it was the former, you are a very lucky person!

I ordered an ESW9 to take advantage of the 30% cash back since I did not think there would be an ESW10 on eBay. When I saw one was available I ordered it too.

Oct 27, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #198 of 1,717
oh $%&*, price on pricejapan is now 572$
frown.gif

I think it'll hit 600$ very soon. oh boy.

Oct 27, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #201 of 1,717
Took the dive and ordered one off PriceJapan just now with the complete knowledge of how low the aussie dollar has gotten
confused_face.gif
Not to mention an AT-HPP5 off of ebay as well
confused_face.gif
I've still got a bone to pick at why they didn't include something like that for a pair of cans of this stature.

Someone comfort me to the large loss i've just made TT.

Oct 27, 2008 at 10:04 AM Post #202 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by LocrEpinS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it's ok... don't worry... you'll enjoy them!

Oct 27, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #204 of 1,717
Quote:

Took the dive and ordered one off PriceJapan just now with the complete knowledge of how low the aussie dollar has gotten
confused_face.gif
Not to mention an AT-HPP5 off of ebay as well
confused_face.gif
I've still got a bone to pick at why they didn't include something like that for a pair of cans of this stature.

you want me to hold your hand
wink_face.gif
?

on more serious note, canadians dollers are dropping faster than aussie dollers, so I'm forced to sell my 'phones to US to fund for these ESW10JPNs.

CURSE YOU HEAD FI!

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #206 of 1,717
Quote:

Us Aussie and Canadian(and probably most of the world) Head-Fiers have hard times ahead of us
frown.gif

You've got that right. There's still at least one more pair of headphones I want to buy but with the sinking CAD dollar, I may have to hold off on anymore head-fi purchases.

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #208 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ESW10JPN found!! thanks AnGeLiCbOrIs!!
biggrin.gif

Wow, I just got mine today and somebody flipped these already?! Congrats on your purchase rednamalas, they look stunning in person, although smaller than I expected from looking at Sasaki's photos. It's too bad I don't have time to spend quality time with these yet, another round of midterms are coming up at the worst time ever
frown.gif

Will post pics and impressions when I find the time.

Oct 28, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #210 of 1,717
$870 CAD
eek.gif
later look what showed up today.

IMG_3088.jpg

So far right out of the box you can detect a very tight and impactful bass with excellent instrument separation. These are reminding me very much of how my previously owned RS1 with APS recable sounded when I first listened to them. They definitely have the Grado clamping force which is going to take some time to get used to.

Hiflight if you're reading this, if you don't mind, maybe you could give a brief comparison between the APS RS1 and ESW10JPN with your D3. I'd do it myself but it's been a couple of months since I last heard the RS1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back