Limited, wooden portable ATH-ESW10JPN arrives! (with pics)
Nov 22, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #511 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by padam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately my head is too big for it to feel myself comfortable after some time and I had already decided to sell it before getting it.

I have (and people who know me will attest to this) one of the biggest heads on Head-Fi. I am only 5'11" but I think it has to do with my "top of head to ear" ratio.
I am one of the only one's who needed a medium size Qualia 010 rather than small, and I can't wear a AKG 701 and my R-10's are topped out.
My ESW9 and 10 were clamping at first, but I put them on a mannequin dummy and hand stretched them a bit, and they are ubber comfortable for hours at a time.

Give them a chance, stretch them and you might not have to sell them.

Remember: bigger head = bigger brains
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #512 of 1,717
Can someone please post a picture with the headphones on?? they really look lovely in the photos and all but I seriously cant get an idea of how big they are and how portable they would be. I know its troublesome but I would greatly appreciate it!!

I have lived in japan for 6 years and have family there who will be visiting me next weekend. So it would be perfect to ask them to buy it for myself. to be honest, I'm pretty new to high quality headphones and just ordered a superfi 5pro after asking for advice on the board. Yet, I feel somehow I want maybe something better and this seems to be perfect. the fact that its from Japan (a country i love and will always have a special place in my heart) and the great reviews about sound quality has just made me willing to fork out the money!!!

I really really would apreciate if someone can post a pic with these on them. the only concern I have is how good they would be for portable use..

thanks in advance!!!!

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #513 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by LevA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone please post a picture with the headphones on?? they really look lovely in the photos and all but I seriously cant get an idea of how big they are and how portable they would be. I know its troublesome but I would greatly appreciate it!!

I have lived in japan for 6 years and have family there who will be visiting me next weekend. So it would be perfect to ask them to buy it for myself. to be honest, I'm pretty new to high quality headphones and just ordered a superfi 5pro after asking for advice on the board. Yet, I feel somehow I want maybe something better and this seems to be perfect. the fact that its from Japan (a country i love and will always have a special place in my heart) and the great reviews about sound quality has just made me willing to fork out the money!!!

I really really would apreciate if someone can post a pic with these on them. the only concern I have is how good they would be for portable use..

thanks in advance!!!!

They are very good for portable use, except that you need to be very very careful not to scratch it.
The more hair you got with a small head, the better it looks
regular_smile .gif
I saw one photo maybe in the ESW9 topic, you may look after that.

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #514 of 1,717
Quote:

They are very good for portable use, except that you need to be very very careful not to scratch it.
The more hair you got with a small head, the better it looks
regular_smile .gif
I saw one photo maybe in the ESW9 topic, you may look after that.

I'm generally pretty good with my equipment so it should be ok. I will search the ESW9 post. but if anyone can post a pic with them on it would be great!!

thanks!

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #515 of 1,717
Some pics here of the recent AT headphones.

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #516 of 1,717
"I also feel the ESW10 is slightly less efficient than ESW9"
SASAKI, what you meant by less efficient?

Just wanna make sure.
Thanks

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #517 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"I also feel the ESW10 is slightly less efficient than ESW9"
SASAKI, what you meant by less efficient?

Just wanna make sure.
Thanks

For the same sound level you need to turn up the volume a level a little bit higher and also it may also means that it benefits a bit more from an amplifier (I didn't hear it that way but it is great unamped)

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #518 of 1,717
The unfathomable happened to me today.

A fellow colleague, to whom i had shown pictures of these cans and explained sound signatures etc, went and ordered a set without telling me! And today he comes and brags how he has the coolest headphones on earth!
I was broken..
frown.gif
I just hope he appreciates them. I think he ordered them just because they looked cool.. Ugh!
smily_headphones1.gif

Good thing now is, that I have the possibility to compare them with my AD2000's. I'm more than excited
smily_headphones1.gif

-K

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #519 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some pics here of the recent AT headphones.

thanks tk3!! the girl in the picture looks nice too!!
icon10.gif

hmmm...I'm just wondering weather its worth it, being a bit bulky compared to an IEM for portable use....any suggestions??

to go for superfi 5pro or ESw10???

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #520 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have (and people who know me will attest to this) one of the biggest heads on Head-Fi. I am only 5'11" but I think it has to do with my "top of head to ear" ratio.
I am one of the only one's who needed a medium size Qualia 010 rather than small, and I can't wear a AKG 701 and my R-10's are topped out.
My ESW9 and 10 were clamping at first, but I put them on a mannequin dummy and hand stretched them a bit, and they are ubber comfortable for hours at a time.

Give them a chance, stretch them and you might not have to sell them.

Remember: bigger head = bigger brains
biggrin.gif

I would certainly like to, the comfort is acceptable and I believe it will be better after some time. My ears are also big and that doesn't help either. But I am pretty sure that my girlfriend will like it very much while it is in my posession
normal_smile .gif
But I have no funds left to buy a decent DAC for the Stax system and that is the reason for selling it, not the comfort.

Yes, it could be true
wink.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #521 of 1,717
They do, however, if you wear an earring, drive the stud into the side of your neck.
I have to twist the ear cup slightly to take the pressure off the earring stud.

Either that, or like in the movies in the '70's, where you see the woman removing her earring before removing the phone from it's cradle.

OMG, I have become Doris Day!
eek.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #522 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They do, however, if you wear an earring, drive the stud into the side of your neck.
I have to twist the ear cup slightly to take the pressure off the earring stud.

Either that, or like in the movies in the '70's, where you see the woman removing her earring before removing the phone from it's cradle.

OMG, I have become Doris Day!
eek.gif

That is one more reason why I am not classifying it as a true portable headphone. The other one is the sheer value.

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #523 of 1,717
Quote:

That is one more reason why I am not classifying it as a true portable headphone. The other one is the sheer value.

what do you mean? that's the case with most circanaural headphones. And I don't see the correlation between value and portable headphone...I'm confused

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #524 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what do you mean? that's the case with most circanaural headphones. And I don't see the correlation between value and portable headphone...I'm confused

Sorry, I didn't try any other so I have no comparison on that one.
For me, it is simply too valuable (and just for me, weird-looking) to wear it on the street. It can also be easily damaged. But it is very transportable, that's for sure.

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #525 of 1,717
Quote:

Sorry, I didn't try any other so I have no comparison on that one.
For me, it is simply too valuable (and just for me, weird-looking) to wear it on the street. It can also be easily damaged. But it is very transportable, that's for sure.

ahh, that's the same story with ES7 and ESW10 though.

I've owned ES7 for a while and I took care of it like a newborn baby, but it kept getting scratches all the time....I find that headphone to be far easier to be scratched than ESW10 imo. I have been using it on the bus/ walking around etc, but no major scratches so far. There's no substitue for its stunning sound quality though
wink.gif
Isolation? bah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back