Lime Ears Aether - Ciem Flagship - discussion, review, and impressions thread
Aug 23, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #196 of 266
Is it possible to get Aether with normal 0.78mm 2 pin? I was told it's only available in smaller 0.70 mm 2 pin or mmcx

Aug 23, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #197 of 266
Is it possible to get Aether with normal 0.78mm 2 pin? I was told it's only available in smaller 0.70 mm 2 pin or mmcx
Wasn't aware that the Aether used other than a standard 2 pin. I can't remember now, but I believe that I used my standard two pin cable collection to test the US tour demos without issue.

Regardless, that would be a question that should go directly to Emil - but as a custom, anything is possible. Moving from standards may increase cost or wait time though.

Aug 24, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #199 of 266
The Aether custom that I own uses the same normal 2 pin as with all other iems or ciems I own and I can use them with other 3rd party cables I own. As for the exact width of the pins I am not very sure.

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #203 of 266
For anyone who is thinking Aether's bass is loose, less controlled, lacking , try to amp it up. I know this is weird but this iem has very high impedance higher than most of high-end iems (not ideal for your stock phone, low gain etc). Currently using it with my sony wm1a and has to use 4.4 balance with high gain to reach drive it properly and surprised for how much its been improved.

Dec 23, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #204 of 266
has anyone compared it to the likes of rhines stage 7 ?

Jan 24, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #206 of 266
Aether best feature is it's tonality imo, I hope it's successor improves on airiness, spaciousness, resolution and separation. I think the Bass is more special than the Treble on the Aether, I would describe it as "Airy Bass", it feels like it's coming from beyond the normal soundstage while having some serious thickness without bleeding or muffling the other frequencies.

Mar 1, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #207 of 266
Does anyone here know how long usually for Lime Ears to response to emails and messages?

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #208 of 266
Does anyone here know how long usually for Lime Ears to response to emails and messages?
I try to respond within 1-2 (business days, lol, you know I try to have a life too! :wink: ) days.

But… Please note if correspondence is rich in ideas, requests, concepts it might take much-much longer. Especially when it comes to audio I really need to dig into the subject which, trust me, takes a lot of effort and time to do it properly. At least for me since my brain goes wild when discussing these topics and simple answers as "yes", "no", "it wont work" or "it will be good/bad for the space" often don't work.

Some customers have extreme custom ideas, both in terms of design, sound, cable pairing, amp pairing, and frankly speaking e-mail might not be the best way to discuss it as it lacks of flow in the discussion. Then it's reasonable to rather have personal chit-chat about it. :)

Plus, we're mighty busy making awesome thing for CanJam Singapore 2018. :)
Hope there will be some time there to have splendid conversation with all of you guys! :D

Mar 2, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #209 of 266
I try to respond within 1-2 (business days, lol, you know I try to have a life too! :wink: ) days.

But… Please note if correspondence is rich in ideas, requests, concepts it might take much-much longer. Especially when it comes to audio I really need to dig into the subject which, trust me, takes a lot of effort and time to do it properly. At least for me since my brain goes wild when discussing these topics and simple answers as "yes", "no", "it wont work" or "it will be good/bad for the space" often don't work.

Some customers have extreme custom ideas, both in terms of design, sound, cable pairing, amp pairing, and frankly speaking e-mail might not be the best way to discuss it as it lacks of flow in the discussion. Then it's reasonable to rather have personal chit-chat about it. :)

Plus, we're mighty busy making awesome thing for CanJam Singapore 2018. :)
Hope there will be some time there to have splendid conversation with all of you guys! :D
No problems, I was thinking that my emails went into spam box
"Awesome thing" meaning new successor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back