Lime Ears Aether - Ciem Flagship - discussion, review, and impressions thread
Jun 25, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #257 of 266
Hey Zolyniakm,thanks for asking, but unfortunately no big news or data sheets yet.
We are still testing new prototypes, many new one's with different driver's configurations and driver's types (for different price tags). And, oh boy, some of them sound just so goooooooood
😀
It will be worth waiting till we finish that new series, i promise :beyersmile:

Jun 26, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #258 of 266
Aug 6, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #260 of 266
Before I mentioned Satin Audio Athena 8X and PW audio Monile (4-wire) as great choices for Aether R, but now I want to add some info about less expensive cables that work great with Lime Ears flagship and make it sound better.

LE cables #1.jpg

Here's some impressions about (all of them are much better than stock P1 in terms of dynamic, resolution, detail retrieval, separation and extension on both ends):
- Cross Lambda Dimension Neo (OCC copper/SPC hybrid, Litz tye 4) - smooth natural, yet quite neutral tonality, detailed presentation with good resolution and small bass boost, that help AR sound more musical (lows aren't very tight, but aren't loos either), stage depth is better and there is more 3D like feel to it;
- Ego Audio Whiskey (OCC copper with Kevlar core) - fuller lows with nice attack and good extensions into subbass, a touch warmer, yet clearer lower mids, natural vocal that are placed neutrally and smooth (great male's ones), neutral highs (doesn't kill sparkles and air as some copper cables), stage also has better depth, good separation and resolution despite added body is great asset of Whiskey;
- Ego Audio Champagne (OCC copper with Kevlar core, different conductor and PVC insulation than Whiskey) - different that Whiskey sound, a bit brighter tonality with added sparkles and air, yet sound is smooth as with most copper cables, lows are tighter with good extension and strong attack when needed, mids are clearer than with Whiskey with better separation, but background isn't as dark;
- CM Cable Penumbra 8 (tinned copper and OFC hybrid) - great extension into subbass, that are much stronger (nice surprise for all BA model), midbass is less boosted and has smooth texture, lower mids have good body, vocal are very clear and clean (lively, yet smooth and natural), highs are more natural (no added sparkles), smooth and non-fatiguing, but extension and air is very nice, stage has nice width.

LE cables #2.jpg

There is no need to buy very expensive cables, to make that Aether R sound brilliant. Those 4 cables are great examples of it.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #261 of 266
Oh my, oh my, oh my! Here comes the PI(e)? :D What's it gonna be? Another pure BA design or something else like a hybrid or tribrid? So many questions, so few answers. You gotta give us something!!!!!

Attachments

• 117387143_3246460962078766_4855845656982024708_o.jpg
    117387143_3246460962078766_4855845656982024708_o.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 0
Aug 18, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #262 of 266
You'll find out in two days :L3000::beerchug:

But...it's something we've never done before, and the name....well, it doesn't really start with Pi, but rather P....N....well, youll find out in 2 days, or if you're a Tool fan and you've heard the latest album, then you might have some idea already.

Attachments

• 117878269_3266279553430240_3770448906050342903_o.jpg
    117878269_3266279553430240_3770448906050342903_o.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 0
Aug 20, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #263 of 266
Official announcement 💚

20200820_154818-01-01.jpeg

As our 8th birthday comes closer day by day, especially looking at how hard this year has been for all of us, something came to our minds.
That thing is - no matter how hard it gets and how many things could really put us on the edge, one thing is certain.
You just keep on going. You find that motivation deep in yourself and you push boundaries further and further, every single day.

Today is a special day for both us and you - the day, that was coming for quite a moment right now. After day's and night's of hard work, listening sessions, measurements and general experiment's with new, exciting technologies for us we can now say - we're ready, to go further, to go deeper, to go somewhere new.
With huge joy, excitement and pride we would love to introduce to you our fifth, newest addition to the lineup.

Say hello to PNEUMA 🤘💚

This is our first ever hybrid in-ear monitor, made of endless hours of experimenting and trying different things out, sometimes for the first time in our career.
Pneuma is sporting a titanium dynamic driver to handle the sub-bass frequencies and four balanced-armature drivers (2x bass, 1x mid and 1x high).
Also, the Pneuma will include our well-known bass switch for adjusting that beautiful dynamic driver and for you to choose, what kind of sound you like to enjoy for that specific moment, and it also comes with the brand new trademark technology regarding the implementation of a dynamic driver, but...more about it coming soon 😎

More information about the price, launch day and what's in the box (well, we have a little suprise for you this time) will be posted very soon.

Have a wonderful day and lets stay in touch, as more exciting news are coming.

https://www.facebook.com/limeears/p...YbsbzotOdkIQIG1Bp0DrTQ9yVJ9QNrog&__tn__=EHH-R

Attachments

• 20200820_154818-01-01.jpeg
    20200820_154818-01-01.jpeg
    710.3 KB · Views: 0
Aug 23, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #264 of 266
Hey friends, checking in with my recent review of the Lime Ears Aether R on Everyday Listening, also posted on Nic's flagship shootout thread. Though Pneuma might be the current talk, I think this model flew a bit under the radar, especially since it had a sligthly shorter run than LE's other models.

I suppose there are two camps in audio; those wanting perfect balance as some things should be, and those that enjoy a diverse range of sounds. The Aether R surely appeals to the latter, itself offering two flavours of sound with its switchable bass boost in addition to a signature that is vivid, albeit W-shaped retaining good tri-frequency balance. I enjoy its engaging combination of deep, dynamic bass and pristine treble but also how it manages to balance a well-defined vocal range that isn't overshadowed in terms of positioning. The Aether R exercises good restraint in its sculpting but also isn't remotely dry or flat.

As always, a thank you to those who have the patience to read through my reviews and the lovely work the LE team did on this design as well, happy listening :)

DSC09251.jpg

Jun 4, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #266 of 266
Great Review @Deezel177 iam currently looking for a new iem and those are in my selection too. i like electronic music and think they will fit well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back