Lime Ears Aether - Ciem Flagship - discussion, review, and impressions thread
May 26, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #241 of 266
Hey guys! Here is my review of Lime Ears Aether R. I've been enjoying it since I got it and have been testing and comparing it with some nice IEMs in its competition. It was fun writing this one! Check it out and let me know how you like it and if you have any questions for me. Cheers! :D

Have similiar impressions as yours, but now I'm so jealous about your design :D

You could also try INAIRS foams, like them better than Comply or NewBee. Those provides clearer sound with better definition. I prodobly like SpinFit CP-145 and Azla Sedna the most (more dynamic lows than any foams).

As for cables pairing with Ego Audio Tequila don't suits my preferences, but Whiskey (bass boost off) or Champagne/Gin (bass boost on) are great cables for Aether R. If price isn't a problem, Satin Audio Athena 8X and PW audio Monile (4wire) are great for them.

zestaw #3.jpg

May 26, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #242 of 266
Yea, I also think that Ego Audio Gin is a dream matching with Aether R in my opinion. It just adds that definition, keeping that wonderfully natural sound signature of the Ciems.

I recently compared it to Satin Audio Medusa 4core and it has blown the Satin away by a mile. Just love the Gin, as majority of Ego's offer. Great value and great cables overall.

May 26, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #243 of 266
Have similiar impressions as yours, but now I'm so jealous about your design :D

You could also try INAIRS foams, like them better than Comply or NewBee. Those provides clearer sound with better definition. I prodobly like SpinFit CP-145 and Azla Sedna the most (more dynamic lows than any foams).

As for cables pairing with Ego Audio Tequila don't suits my preferences, but Whiskey (bass boost off) or Champagne/Gin (bass boost on) are great cables for Aether R. If price isn't a problem, Satin Audio Athena 8X and PW audio Monile (4wire) are great for them.

zestaw #3.jpg

Do I sense an Aether R 'Nebula Galaxy' CIEM coming? Haha. I'll give INAIRS foams a try sometime. Thanks!

May 26, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #244 of 266
Do I sense an Aether R 'Nebula Galaxy' CIEM coming? Haha. I'll give INAIRS foams a try sometime. Thanks!

Maybe not CIEM, as I don't like them. Will try to speak with Emil and co. about customized universal Aether with nice faceplate, like those from Model X on Drop - your Nebula or Fallout Worn looks so nice :D

@Lime Ears "damascus steel" will be real option in near future?

@rev92 PW audio Monile (4wire, grounding) could also work well with CIEM. It should make background even darker, but dynamic isn't as good as Gin.

May 31, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #245 of 266
Maybe not CIEM, as I don't like them. Will try to speak with Emil and co. about customized universal Aether with nice faceplate, like those from Model X on Drop - your Nebula or Fallout Worn looks so nice :D

Oh yeah, the DROP Model X designs are sick, especially Fallout Worn. :ok_hand:

Even though I have a nice line up of reviews to finish, I keep coming back and picking up Aether R. It is definitely in my top 3 favourites at the moment. I'm listening to John Mayer's 'Room for Squares' album now and acoustic guitars in 'Why Georgia' sound so crisp and vibrantly real. Sometimes I wish I would've gone with CIEMs as Pawel at Lime Ears insisted 'coz I like CIEMs but then my colleagues and friends wouldn't have gotten to try it out which would've been a shame.

Love the colour depth on this faceplate. It kinda looks like a snapshot of a snowy night in a pine forest. I don't know what reminds me of that but yeah... :sweat_smile:

0 Aether R Right.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #246 of 266
@Animagus I'm mostly in love with single DD and hybrids, but Aether R has something in them, that makes me like them a lot. Lows for all-BA are really nice. For sure those are also in my TOP3 full BA sets. Like them even better than Oriolus Mellianus and EE Phantom.

Option for custom faceplate for UIEM could be paid and it still will be nice choice as some designs are great.

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #247 of 266
Hey folks!

You may not know that, but yesterday was a start of our “prototyping week” and due to that we are eager to share some interesting news with you.
Topic is: HYBRID. Yeah, you read this right.
Of course, in previous years we worked on and tested some hybrid designs, but - you know us - we don’t want to offer “just another standard hybrid model”. Emil and our whole team wants something new and unique. Now we think we are very close to that idea. I wish I could share a bit more, but… errr… can’t today.
So I'll just write that first tests are very promising and in future (possible sooner than later) there could be entire new line in our offer. No photos or specs for today. Stay tuned! Waiting will be worth it!!! BTW. If you have some ideas, that you think we should consider, don’t be afraid to tell us :) we always listen to our customers.

Cheers :beerchug:

Jun 4, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #248 of 266
Hey guys!
Our Drop’s offer for universal version of Model X in Autumn Forest, Fallout Worn or Winter Forest design just ended. But don’t worry!

Here are some photos of the designs mentioned above, if you'd like to see them in more environmential situation :)

102995799_4008444375864345_2686756816813031424_n.jpg

101317311_598913797401676_9184479295513296896_n.jpg

101821814_301368404204913_3880653018093322240_n.jpg

We already are thinking about next “Drop”. In near future you will be able to buy one of our models in unique design for lower price, so stay tuned for more informations. If you have any suggestions about style of design, feel free to share it with us :gs1000smile:

Jun 11, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #250 of 266
Truth be told - I don't think I have seen any brand making better looking Nebula and similar shells. These made by Lime Ears and damn those new one for Drop are just staggering. They look so good you wanna own them all just to look at them all day long :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back