Lilith Audio Player
Apr 13, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #196 of 505
Leeperry, good news, I see on project9k uLilith index place that an updated version available.
Now its getting confusing, what is exact procedure to update uLilith for Win XP for 32-bit machine? I know I know that my question it sounds strange.
Should I download Core2.7z file, take all the files inside and override with them all files in the C:\Program Files\Project9k\uLilith folder? OK, what to do with the other file x86.7z ? And also SSE2Diff.7z ??
Can you please provide the simple a few text line instructions how to get this done?

Appreciate for your patience

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #197 of 505
yes, I'm also testing a new beta patch that works like wonders so far
smily_headphones1.gif

you need the Core2 version if you have an intel CPU, SSE2Diff is a patch to go from generic x86 to Core2 so you don't need it.

Apr 14, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #198 of 505
Leeperry, thanks for clearing things up. Few more worries:
I am using hiFace (by M2Tech) USB-SPDIF device, it has its own driver allowing direct link to the hardware layer by using KS.

Before I will completely settle on uLilith I need finish my auditioning/comparison and make sure all settings are right.

I have two options to configure uLilith player in Settings/Audio/Sound Output/Rendering Device:
#1: Rendering plugin – ASIO (with Mixer) and Rendering device – ASSIO4ALL v2.
#2. Rendering plugin – WaveOut and Rendering device – HIFACE Kernel streaming

Both, #1 and #2 play just fine, which one is RIGHT???

Second question, my external DAC accepts only 24-bit, should I set “Output Format” to 24-bit it or 32-bit ???

Interestingly that DAC display in both cases shows 24-bit depth if playing 24-bit material.

Apr 14, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #199 of 505
your hiface drivers prolly trim the 8 bottom bits of PCM32, so you still get 24 of them in the end....actually very few drivers accept PCM24 IME(and the XXHighEnd coder said the same thing)...your choice to hear if you can discern a difference.

hah, so they made bit-perfect MME drivers then? if you choose that Waveout in MPC, does the built-in volume control work?

BTW, there's been a new public beta of uLilith today, it fixes a few minor bugs.

May 24, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #200 of 505
May be a bit off topic but I have finally gotten uLilith to play ALAC to work. I've tested with uLilith 1.0 pre-Beta.4 (2010/05/21). I use K-Lite Codec Pack for DC-Bass source 1.2.0 (where do I download it seperately?) and I added M4A extension in uLilith for "File extensions" and "Direct Show File". I don't know about sound quality but it appears to be well. I like foobar2000 but the equalizer adds some odd noise behavior when I listen to electronic music with headphones.

May 25, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #202 of 505
Anyone knows how to contact the author of ulilith? I've managed to get vst working in the x64 core2 version by trying a x64 (host) to 32bit plugin bridge. So I'm wondering if the author could add his own plugin bridge into ulilith...
confused_face_2.gif

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #204 of 505
popcorn.gif

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #205 of 505
well i exaustively a/b'd lilith and foobar all throughout the day, with no expectations one way or the other, and decided that either i couldnt tell a difference or   If there is indeed a difference, it is so slight to my ears that its not consistently identifiable. 

when i compared 4 amps or roll tubes in said amps, the differences were obvious.. though sometimes small, they were consistently identifiable.. definately enough to make concrete assertions.  I couldn't even come close to that with foobar vs. lilith...

to me the fact that some people claim OBVIOUS DIFFERENCES, such as what i stated above, and some claim NO DIFFERENCES (yes, im aware that caps lock means shouting 
rolleyes.gif
) is just odd.  i know we all have different gear and ears but come on...I still stay with my theory that most people hear pretty much the same unless some of them have severe hearing damage.. and if they do they almost always know it.   I dont know what point im making by saying this.. but come on!!! 
rolleyes.gif
  I know some people have better trained ears than others, but still.  I'm pretty sure my ears are pretty darn good and well trained.. they certainly outta be with my history...

anyway whatever, i dont really care who believes what... just stateing my own experience...

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #206 of 505
did you try VST plugins? they sure as hell don't sound the same in both players...foobar processes them in 32fp and uLilith in 64fp, so stack a few of them and the sound will be quite different.

Anyway, XP sounds different from W7...and I only tried ASIO4ALL on XP, Donunus heard some diference on W7 I think.

you could also give a go at Reclock in WASAPI Excl. mode, this is a drastic change from foobar in many ppl's opinions...and you could also try XXHighEnd's demo while you're at it.

What's your set up? are you sure there's no audio drivers resampling everything behind your back?

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #207 of 505
i used two vst's.
i tried extensively with both together, and each one independantly
nyquistEq5 (parametric EQ)
Isone Pro (room simulator and crossfeed)

blah blah xp... blah blah.
deadhorse.gif

wink.gif
   *hrrhemm cough - cyborg ears - ehhhheemm*

ill try reclock eventually.... link...??

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #208 of 505
so you're on XP? tried ASIO4ALL?

what's your soundcard/transport? sure there's no nasty resampling in the back?

Reclock: http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

Well, dononus and I heard the same differences between foobar/Reclock/uLilith, so I dunno what to say...The true difference would seem to be windows-induced jitter, and if you run XP you may wanna add "/USEPMTIMER /NODEBUG /TIMERES=9766" to your boot.ini. This will provide tighter windows timings.

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #209 of 505

Quote:
so you're on XP? tried ASIO4ALL?

what's your soundcard/transport? sure there's no nasty resampling in the back?

Reclock: http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

Well, dononus and I heard the same differences between foobar/Reclock/uLilith, so I dunno what to say...The true difference would seem to be windows-induced jitter, and if you run XP you may wanna add "/USEPMTIMER /NODEBUG /TIMERES=9766" to your boot.ini. This will provide tighter windows timings.

no i dont have xp.. just giving you a hard time for always claiming that as your holy grail.
win7 64 bit wasapi
im in between dacs at the moment
please explain "nasty resampling in the back"  this is an area i need to learn more about.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back