Lightning Cables - Official and Custom (welcomed).
Dec 22, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #23 of 214
HAHA nevermind, just saw on the same post an add for the 90 deg head piece. Anyone know if you can get these in the US? Wouldn't that be nice! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #25 of 214
Fun fact, on a conference call with Apple they let me know that using 30 pin docks of the DIY variety (the kind you see on Qables, and all over the stores of various fine entrepreneurs) is unauthorized and anyone that does this owes them royalties.  Of course this would go quadruple for Lightning connectors, Apple's new golden goose.  So for all things LOD, if it uses an Apple part on one end, best not to publicize that you are doing this for money.  

That is, unless you are a MFi Developer or MFi Manufacturer.

Dec 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #26 of 214
  Fun fact, on a conference call with Apple they let me know that using 30 pin docks of the DIY variety (the kind you see on Qables, and all over the stores of various fine entrepreneurs) is unauthorized and anyone that does this owes them royalties.  Of course this would go quadruple for Lightning connectors, Apple's new golden goose.  So for all things LOD, if it uses an Apple part on one end, best not to publicize that you are doing this for money.  

Thank you! - I had no idea on the royalty issue!

Dec 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #27 of 214
The chances of trouble aren't real high, but yeah while I was well aware that Lightning was locked down, I had no clue that the 30 pin docks were protected too.  The good news is, there's other ways to make a buck, check out my lemonade stand.  

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #30 of 214
Hi 

This is my Lightning to 3.5mm, its cobbled together from bits i already had.
Can't remember the cost of these bits but it does work well even if it is a little cumbersome.

To my ears connecting via the Lightning sounds markably better.

Oh, and a big Thank you to Joe for sorting me out with my Images.

Cheers

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back