Light Harmonic GEEK
Mar 11, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #1,456 of 1,658
  They recently said they stopped including the slacker because too many were faulty.. 

I just wanted to post that the geek out 450 is now on massdrop for a nice price.. I commited to join.. will be nice to finally have a LH lab product after following them for so long.. massdrop is ok to talk about now right?

Yup. Massdrop is officially approved for discussion. If they reach the lowest price for the GO450 then that'll be a nice deal for all involved.

Mar 11, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #1,458 of 1,658
I just committed to the Geek Out 450, great deal and I need something for the office. Should work perfectly with my RE-600s, sadly I won't be able to utilize their balanced function but listening to them on my Modi 2/Asgard 2 yields similar results single ended as the HM-700 does balanced.

Man, Massdrop is terribly dangerous. I've already got a pair of Kanto YU5s, some T1-E IEMS (I'm too curious even though I don't need them) and now the Geek 450. This is all since joining less than a month ago.

Mar 11, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #1,459 of 1,658
Massdrop is indeed dangerous, proceed with caution!!!!!
On a different note, just got my Verb, curious if anyone else has received them. Out of the box, not too impressive, seem a bit muddy, high end not at all clear, but, that's without burn in (and, to be fair, they are really inexpensive, maybe I've just become spoiled), have connected them to my burn in set up for the kazillion hour burn in. Anyone else heard them yet?

Mar 11, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #1,460 of 1,658
Hey doc, got my verbs a couple of days ago and was immediately disappointed with the sound, I think shotgunshanes appraisal is spot on. Too bad because I really like the ergonomics and build, they plop right in with good isolation, seem to stay put with minimal microphonics. Did not even bother with them yesterday but did some tip rolling today and some narrow bore tips with stiff sidewalls made them at least listenable. Seems they tried to get a 4mm driver to do bass and forgot the rest of the spectrum.

Massdrop is indeed dangerous, proceed with caution!!!!!
On a different note, just got my Verb, curious if anyone else has received them. Out of the box, not too impressive, seem a bit muddy, high end not at all clear, but, that's without burn in (and, to be fair, they are really inexpensive, maybe I've just become spoiled), have connected them to my burn in set up for the kazillion hour burn in. Anyone else heard them yet?

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #1,461 of 1,658
Sometimes burn in can make a difference, and I do also like the fit. Did a search on Head Fi, didn't find impressions. I'll let them cook a bit.

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #1,463 of 1,658
OMG, that Massdrop price is hard to ignore. I paid $50 more for my 450 and i thought that was a major deal. I almost wish I didn't already own one. bah!

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #1,464 of 1,658
  OMG, that Massdrop price is hard to ignore. I paid $50 more for my 450 and i thought that was a major deal. I almost wish I didn't already own one. bah!

And you get better warranty service. To quote the Massdrop terms of service:

Massdrop will request for the product to be sent back to a specified return address (which will be provided to you via email). Upon receipt of the defective product, Massdrop will make every effort possible to ensure your satisfaction by shipping you a replacement product. Massdrop will pay for all shipping costs related to warranty service. Massdrop also reserves the right to refund the purchase price as its exclusive warranty remedy.

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #1,465 of 1,658
I searched this thread and couldn't find any answers, so could anyone who has the Geek Out and Galaxy S4 tell me if it works with that phone via OTG?  Also does the 450 hiss go away for IEMs if you just use it as a DAC for a portable amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back