Light Harmonic GEEK
Apr 25, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #691 of 1,658
  well, i've never even received a tracking no. yet. got the email that i could upgrade to the 720/1000, so i paid my $50 for the 720 upgrade, then that was that. haven't heard a peep since then...maybe sometime next week they'll start mass shipping the 720s...let us know your thoughts on the 720 when you get it, jay.

I was part of the preorder for the 720, and they told me it would be the in the first week of May, which could be next week or the one after, I think those may be shipping a bit behind the others. Shipping to some vs. the others surely builds up anticipation, lol.

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #692 of 1,658
I have started to detail my thoughts on the iFI nano iDSD, GEEK 1000 and Lake People G109P with my Fostex T50RP. So far I have A/Bd the iFI and GEEK 1000 but I have not completed my write up yet. I need to add the Lake People G109P to the iFI and borrow my buddy's Sennheiser HD650s before I finish and summarize the experience. Even though it's premature I have to share my current thoughts on the GEEK 1000. 

I cannot imagine why nobody else could come up with a DAC/Amp like the GEEK 1000. 
blink.gif
 I am completely blown away at this point. If this represents what's possible with a USB dongle then the rest of the audio world has been duped because the other companies are doing it wrong.

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #693 of 1,658
well my GO arrived today, drivers installed, and so far, i'm very impressed(trying real hard not to gush)

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #694 of 1,658
Great! Can't wait for your impressions.

Did anybody test it with a separate amp?

Still waiting for my GO1000 but with all the great stuff coming in, just getting antsy what the Pulse X + Femto + Active/Passive Upgrade + LPS will be!

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #695 of 1,658
Great! Can't wait for your impressions.

Still waiting for my GO1000 but with all the great stuff coming in, just getting antsy what the Pulse X + Femto + Active/Passive Upgrade + LPS will be!

You and me both!

I bought a GO450 from a fellow head-fi'er and Ive been refreshing the tracking every hour or so!

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #696 of 1,658

I was part of the preorder for the 720, and they told me it would be the in the first week of May, which could be next week or the one after, I think those may be shipping a bit behind the others. Shipping to some vs. the others surely builds up anticipation, lol.

well my GO arrived today, drivers installed, and so far, i'm very impressed(trying real hard not to gush)

thanks for the update, @Wfojas. i know @jaywillin was part of the original kickstarter campaign and got his 720 today...i know we indiegogo combo backers will be behind the kickstarter people, so maybe in a couple of weeks ours will start shipping. looking forward to hearing reviews of the 720 from you guys.

Apr 25, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #697 of 1,658

thanks for the update, @Wfojas. i know @jaywillin was part of the original kickstarter campaign and got his 720 today...i know we indiegogo combo backers will be behind the kickstarter people, so maybe in a couple of weeks ours will start shipping. looking forward to hearing reviews of the 720 from you guys.

WOW pretty much sums it up

Apr 25, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #698 of 1,658
  If this represents what's possible with a USB dongle then the rest of the audio world has been duped because the other companies are doing it wrong.

Can't wait to get these once they go live so I can quote you and post that everywhere. Sonically though, if you bypass the internal and go external, there's no difference between each stage of the Geek, right? It's just amp power?

Also hoping that android OTG gets supported later down the line, kind of a dealbreaker at the moment.

Apr 25, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #699 of 1,658

I've used my GO1000 with my BH Crack.. and I find it to be an very very impressive as a DAC.  I found it smooth yet quite transparent.. resolving ability and imaging in particular were things that stood out.

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #702 of 1,658
this thing better be extraordinaire because the DragonFly is DAC of the year. If this can produce music for android device it will definitely beat out the DF and the Beyerdynamic A200p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back