Light Harmonic GEEK
Dec 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #226 of 1,658
  That is the image that LHlabs posted with their announcement so I would assume it will be very similar if not identical.  The Slacker looks like a normal short extension.

OK, I think I follow now. So Slacker Mini and Slacker are 2 separate cables. The Mini is just to work as a sort of strain relief and the Slacker to give ease of access to other ports. For some reason it wasn't registering to me that those are 2 different things. :p

Dec 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #231 of 1,658
So here's a question I hope to get answered before the end of the Pulse campaign. I have the normal Geek Out on order currently. I'll be running my 1964-Q, HD650 and Alpha Dogs off the Geek. I use my IEM at the lowest volume possible when running directly out of my laptop; much beyond that and is mildly uncomfortable and I'm wondering if using the Geek would make them too loud.

Is it wisest to get the Super Geek and potentially overpower my CIEM or is it best to get the normal Geek and use my E12 to provide the extra juice for my 650/AD? Do I actually have to worry about volume being too loud?

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #232 of 1,658
I have the same case, and I ordered the mid level Geek, so that it wont be overpower nor underpower for any head phone that I am using, and save my self from spending an additional $50.
In your case, you may consider what do you use the most with? If it's a big headphone, go with the Super Duper Geek, If IEM, the base model will do just fine. Or you may get the best, and try to control the volume with your music player/OS.

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #233 of 1,658
  So here's a question I hope to get answered before the end of the Pulse campaign. I have the normal Geek Out on order currently. I'll be running my 1964-Q, HD650 and Alpha Dogs off the Geek. I use my IEM at the lowest volume possible when running directly out of my laptop; much beyond that and is mildly uncomfortable and I'm wondering if using the Geek would make them too loud.

Is it wisest to get the Super Geek and potentially overpower my CIEM or is it best to get the normal Geek and use my E12 to provide the extra juice for my 650/AD? Do I actually have to worry about volume being too loud?

Since you already have E12, there is no reason to get the Super Geek. E12 is a great amplifier.
1964-Q is extremely sensitive (118dB SPL/mW), and a Super Geek may be too powerful for comfort.

Dec 27, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #236 of 1,658
Bro, around the end of January

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #238 of 1,658

I ordered the Super-Duper Geek Out through the upgrade thing on the Geek Pulse campaign....

I have the E12 and it's too loud for me at home with my headphones. :|
I didn't even consider this. >.>

Although the Geek Out is digitally controlled rather than through an analog potentiometer, which may help. :)

The JDS Labs C5 has a 4.95 VRMS maximum voltage output, Super-Duper Geek Out has 4 VRMS. Although the JDS Labs C5 has a power output of 16 mW at 16 Ω instead of the Geek Out's 1 W. :|

What to do....

Jan 1, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #239 of 1,658
Has anyone seen the measurements for the GEEK since the switch to the ES9018M?

I've seen the measurements for the GEEK Pulse, there seems to be quite a lot of high order harmonics.

Do we know whether going from the normal GEEK to the Super Duper GEEK raises noisefloor and THD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back