Light Harmonic GEEK
Oct 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #91 of 1,658
I got in at $119 and a few of my coworkers hopped onto my coattails, so I ended up ordering 8 units -- two of each color (except none green).  There were also two "Super" and one "Super Duper" upgrade in the bunch.  Anyways, I plugged it all in on that BackerKit site, but it seemed that were was no way to associate upgrades with particular colors (one Super should be red, another should be Black, and the Super Duper should be Blue).  I emailed them for help and the guy said he updated things to reflect that, but I didn't see any differences.  Anyone with any thoughts on this?

Oct 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #92 of 1,658
  I got in at $119 and a few of my coworkers hopped onto my coattails, so I ended up ordering 8 units -- two of each color (except none green).  There were also two "Super" and one "Super Duper" upgrade in the bunch.  Anyways, I plugged it all in on that BackerKit site, but it seemed that were was no way to associate upgrades with particular colors (one Super should be red, another should be Black, and the Super Duper should be Blue).  I emailed them for help and the guy said he updated things to reflect that, but I didn't see any differences.  Anyone with any thoughts on this?

Nice.  I didn't make it in until the $159 level.  I wanted to get a regular and a Super, but too expensive to do both.  Wish I knew a $99 level person so I could try to convince them to order a Super for me.  

At any rate.  The GEEK team seems to be pretty responsive (Larry Ho answered some of my questions personally).  I think if you email them directly as well as work with the Backerkit folks, they should have your info in two different places and be able to sort you out when it comes time to deliver.  

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #93 of 1,658
Anyone know how they sound?  Is it more like Dragonfly, neutral but dry or Meridian, warm and forgiving or HRT Microstreamer, lean and on the bright side? 

Oct 15, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #94 of 1,658
  Anyone know how they sound?  Is it more like Dragonfly, neutral but dry or Meridian, warm and forgiving or HRT Microstreamer, lean and on the bright side? 

Not out yet... 
Geek will be covering more than just music... add games and videos to that... 
I think its safe to say that an entertaining, transparent sound will form part of  it...  

Two more months....

Oct 15, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #95 of 1,658
  Not out yet... 
Geek will be covering more than just music... add games and videos to that... 
I think its safe to say that an entertaining, transparent sound will form part of  it...  

Two more months....

Thanks. Was hoping some of those who went to the Canjam @ RAMF had impressions.  

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #97 of 1,658
Oct 17, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #98 of 1,658
Thanks. Was hoping some of those who went to the Canjam @ RAMF had impressions.  

Impressions from the pirates' den suggest that it is, indeed, the real deal Mcsteal; the Valli of USB DACs as one poster put it

Oct 17, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #99 of 1,658
Anyone at the $99 level feel like helping me get a Super Duper?  I got in at $159 and have a regular ordered, but would like to not go over $200 to get a Super Duper as well.  Want to try both.  

Oct 17, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #100 of 1,658
Impressions from the pirates' den suggest that it is, indeed, the real deal Mcsteal; the Valli of USB DACs as one poster put it

And that gentleman has access to some of the finest headphone gear made.  Very strong statement.  I plan to get a Vali as well.

Oct 17, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #102 of 1,658
And that gentleman has access to some of the finest headphone gear made.  Very strong statement.  I plan to get a Vali as well.

I was a tad skeptical myself until a sort of consensus formed, but yeah, sounds like it'll be punchin far above its asking price. Sounds like you could have a killer rig in the form of the Fostex TE05 hooked to a GEEK for next to nothing

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #103 of 1,658
Upgraded to SD.

Better to suck me dry (battery) than having no juice.

Hope I'm right (crossfingers).

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #105 of 1,658
Oh wow, the Sabre? Source? Is this for all models of GEEK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back