Light Harmonic GEEK
Apr 12, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #527 of 1,658
Everyone's timing priorities are different, but I would have waited for the Geek Out.

Apr 14, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #529 of 1,658
Geek Out came today, had to leave the house, didn't have much time to listen, but got in a few songs. All I can say is, WOW!!!!! IT'S THE REAL DEAL!!! The wait was worth it!

Apr 14, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #531 of 1,658
  Nice. Hope mine comes soon.

Me to. 
normal_smile .gif

Apr 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #533 of 1,658
Green, most powerful of the models, forget the specs. Listened with Senn HD 650s before I left my house to get killed in hours of traffic :frowning2:

Apr 14, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #535 of 1,658
Didn't make the first, cheapest group, but ordered soon after that, seems like a few years ago!

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #536 of 1,658
If you don't have one and got the dough for it.

Tomorrow 12pm PST 

From Larry:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will release the "Signature Limited Edition" of Geek Out 1000mW. Delivery in two weeks.
The top 4 or 5 (TBD) referral winers in Geek Wave campaign will get these for FREE!

The specifications are...

* Gold Plated Chassis with designer's signature
* Limited to 32 only. And we open 16 for bid in Geek Wave on April 15, for the birthday of Da Vinci DAC.
4 ~ 5 for the TOP people who refer the most friends in the Geek Wave campaign.
Every one is serialized and fully tested and include the individual testing report from Audio Precision.
* Hand matched and hand pick the ultimate upgraded components. (I will decoded it when I got time)
* The distortion (THD+N) could get even -3dB down, that means HALF of it.
* For people who back it. They will get that on April 28.
* For the people who win the TOP referral award. It will be shipped out on the end of Geek Wave campaign.

Cheers,
Larry

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #537 of 1,658
Up to now using mostly portable, generally Fiio X3.

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #538 of 1,658
  If you don't have one and got the dough for it.

Tomorrow 12pm PST 

From Larry:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will release the "Signature Limited Edition" of Geek Out 1000mW. Delivery in two weeks.
The top 4 or 5 (TBD) referral winers in Geek Wave campaign will get these for FREE!

The specifications are...

* Gold Plated Chassis with designer's signature
* Limited to 32 only. And we open 16 for bid in Geek Wave on April 15, for the birthday of Da Vinci DAC.
4 ~ 5 for the TOP people who refer the most friends in the Geek Wave campaign.
Every one is serialized and fully tested and include the individual testing report from Audio Precision.
* Hand matched and hand pick the ultimate upgraded components. (I will decoded it when I got time)
* The distortion (THD+N) could get even -3dB down, that means HALF of it.
* For people who back it. They will get that on April 28.
* For the people who win the TOP referral award. It will be shipped out on the end of Geek Wave campaign.

Cheers,
Larry

Sorry that, we need to finish the Geek Out 1000mW first. Then launched the Geek Out 1000mW Signature Edition. 
Celebrate our 3rd year from Da Vinci DAC, 2011 April 15!

Apr 15, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #539 of 1,658
It is disgusting and now I start to hate receiving Pulse update when there is actually no update about Pulse but marketing campaign on Geek Wave. I was very interested in product like wave but after seeing how LH is now milking sincere backers by releasing campaigns one after another and not focusing on first and second campaign backers. since from last two months there is no update on Geek Pulse and all energy and focus is on Geek Wave, there are Geek Out 450/720 backers still crying to get their hands on. There is no survey sent to Geek Pulse backers to provide details on which Geek out they want and if they want to upgrade geek pulse.

Simple stuff are hanging for months, I have decided to buy Ibasso DX90 which can be delivered within a weeks time and can run as standalone DAP and have the specs of 699$ geek pulse, I will put the Geek out and Pulse on ebay if ever get these. May be in mean time Gavin come up with half dozen more campaign, geek wave will also be dropped for another year,  so good luck to him in making more frustrated backers. There will be day when LH will be the most hated company on Indiegogo and IGG will lose their credibility big time.

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #540 of 1,658
  It is disgusting and now I start to hate receiving Pulse update when there is actually no update about Pulse but marketing campaign on Geek Wave. I was very interested in product like wave but after seeing how LH is now milking sincere backers by releasing campaigns one after another and not focusing on first and second campaign backers. since from last two months there is no update on Geek Pulse and all energy and focus is on Geek Wave, there are Geek Out 450/720 backers still crying to get their hands on. There is no survey sent to Geek Pulse backers to provide details on which Geek out they want and if they want to upgrade geek pulse.

Simple stuff are hanging for months, I have decided to buy Ibasso DX90 which can be delivered within a weeks time and can run as standalone DAP and have the specs of 699$ geek pulse, I will put the Geek out and Pulse on ebay if ever get these. May be in mean time Gavin come up with half dozen more campaign, geek wave will also be dropped for another year,  so good luck to him in making more frustrated backers. There will be day when LH will be the most hated company on Indiegogo and IGG will lose their credibility big time.

i kinda see where you're coming from. i'm waiting for people to report on how good the dx90 functions as a dac before i decide to go with the dx90 vs. the geek out though. if people say it works great as a dac then i'll probably end up getting one since i could use it for my laptop and for portable purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back